Pan Spread possible upgrade?

Pan Spread possible upgrade?
« on: November 20, 2016, 08:00:24 AM »
Donīt get me wrong, I think Pan Spread of sequential 6 itīs a very beautiful and musical option. It gives a lot of personality to the synth. 

Just wondering if could be the possibility to select and alternative Pan Spread option, where upper keys would be on the right and lower keys on the left, like in a piano stereo mix.

What do you think?

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Pan Spread possible upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 08:06:52 AM »
That would be an interesting feature.  Imagine how arpeggios would sound.  Very nice, I'd say.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:15:21 AM »
+1 on that, I would love that as well.

Also I think that Pan Spread could work with Unison, combined with Slop and the voices being different anyway it might beef up the spatiality in a nice way.

Another more dubious one that I would like to tinker with, one Pan Spread mode to split the lower 2 octaves on the left channel and the top 2 on the right channel, allowing separate processing of left / right hand (not quite a split keyboard mode but at least doable by the current hardware?).

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 08:17:22 PM »
I would love that too.

It's not really the same...but since you're talking about panning...how hard would it be to have a "rotary" FX, like if there was an LFO applied to panning? It would really improve the organ patches

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 03:49:13 PM »
+1 nice ideas!

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 03:27:16 PM »
Might be unrealistic and over complicating things, but an option to have the lower keys more mono and then the higher you go the more it spreads out... could be a beautiful effect!

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:34:04 AM »
Interesting ideas for sure!

I have been thinking about the possibilities of using CC sends from the P6, into my DAW, and then using them to modulate a virtual LFO or some other virtual midi modulator.  This modulator would send out of my DAW and affect the corresponding parameter on the P6.

It would almost make a hybrid synth out of the P6.  Give it similar modulation capabilities as the P08.

Hmmmm... 8)

It would probably require more control within the DAW, though.  Like a specialized VST.
Sequential P6; SCI Pro-One; Moog Minimoog Model D