Not quite happy with OB6 keyboard velocity sensitivity

Not quite happy with OB6 keyboard velocity sensitivity
« on: November 20, 2016, 06:33:31 AM »
I am loving the sound of my new OB6. It has a few weak points, though. One of them is in my opinion certainly the keyboard velocity sensitivity. No matter which sensitivity curve I choose, I am not able to play a succession of notes with smoothly increasing cutoff frequency or volume. It's as if the keyboard wouldn't react to velocity values between, say, 20 and 63. There's a gap between very low velocity and medium to high velocity.

I was kind of expecting to be able to set velocity range more precisely. With many sounds, I like some velocity sensitivity, but not too much.

What do you guys think about velocity sensitivity in this synth? And I have a suggestion for DSI: Please include more / different sensitivity curves in a future OS update! Would that be technically possible? I am sure users would appreciate it.

Re: Not quite happy with OB6 keyboard velocity sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 09:50:39 AM »
I just learned that the current OS update includes additional responsivity curves. I will install it as soon as I get to it. My device is still on OS 1.0. I'm glad DSI saw the need for an improvement in this area.