L3 / L33 calibration problem. Trigger Issue

L3 / L33 calibration problem. Trigger Issue
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:46:31 PM »
Hello -

Whenever I go to recalibrate my Prophet 6 oscillators it gets stuck at L33 and then reverts to L3.

Also, everything sixth note has some weird trigger problem where it has a very low sounding velocity.
Anybody run into an issue like this?

Re: L3 / L33 calibration problem. Trigger Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:50:28 AM »
If one voice behaves odd, you should calibrate the oscillators and filters, but that seems to be a problem. Never experienced that calibration issue.

I would just get in touch with the support: support@davesmithinstruments.com

They'll get back to you quickly.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 09:44:33 AM »
Hello -

Whenever I go to recalibrate my Prophet 6 oscillators it gets stuck at L33 and then reverts to L3.

Also, everything sixth note has some weird trigger problem where it has a very low sounding velocity.
Anybody run into an issue like this?

I have had Calibration issues since I owned my unit, and it has behaved the same in almost all versions of code, running 1.3.1 now.  Essentially, it goes through the entire process and then just loops, goes from L1-L2.........L6 and just repeats this indefinitely.  I power down the unit and everything seems fine, but the calibration rarely completes and says "Don"

-dj

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 03:47:30 AM »
There is a work round to fix this type of calibration behaviour. Basically you need to clear all the calibration data stored in the P6 and start a new calibration cycle. This worked for my P6.. To do this there is a sequence of buttons you have to press. Except I can't remember them! Maybe a DSI guy could fill in the info? Thanks Steve
Big synth stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkR38XLkFear5Sf9QypQvA
| Kurzweil Forte | Casio Privia PX 5s | Nord Electro 3 73 | Studiologic Sledge Black| Roland Juno Di | DSI Prophet 6 | Oberheim DPX 1 | EMU Esi 4000 | 2 x Yamaha Tx7 |

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
There is a work round to fix this type of calibration behaviour. Basically you need to clear all the calibration data stored in the P6 and start a new calibration cycle. This worked for my P6.. To do this there is a sequence of buttons you have to press. Except I can't remember them! Maybe a DSI guy could fill in the info? Thanks Steve

Thanks, I forgot about this.

I found it in this thread, Hold Preset button and Program 3:

http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,498.msg5604.html#msg5604

-dj

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 10:11:29 AM »
Hi, I had exactly the same issue since yesterday...
I had a rehearsal in a super cold place and the P06 started to detune.
I wanted to run the calibration routine but it got stuck on L3.
Same thing today. At every attempt I had to turn it off and back on again.
But every 6th note the filter was a bit off.
I finally reinstalled the OS and recalibrated the synth (this time successfully) and it's working perfectly !!!

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:26:32 PM »
Hi, I had exactly the same issue since yesterday...
I had a rehearsal in a super cold place and the P06 started to detune.
I wanted to run the calibration routine but it got stuck on L3.
Same thing today. At every attempt I had to turn it off and back on again.
But every 6th note the filter was a bit off.
I finally reinstalled the OS and recalibrated the synth (this time successfully) and it's working perfectly !!!

I worked with Andy at Dave Smith and his instructions provided the key to this.  I always had my volume pedal plugged in when I calibrated.  He instructed me to remove all peripherals before calibration (this was not in the manual). When I removed the volume pedal jack, it completed successfully.  If I reinserted the jack, it failed every time.  So, make sure all cables except audio and power are disconnected when performing the calibration.

Thanks again the DSI for helping me get to the bottom of this!

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 11:34:26 AM »
Mine just recently started acting up on 1-2 voices.  One was well off pitch and only playing through the right channel.  The other was pretty decent sounding in most patches but would sometimes drop volume so low it was near silent and would sometimes crackle out of the left channel.  I reset global settings, reset calibration settings, and recalibrated many times.  It always hung up on L2 & L3 in the calibration sequence with several other spots where it would sit thinking for a couple minutes (41 was a common dwell spot).  I updated OS to 1.4.0 and still no improvement.  Finally I opened the machine up and reseated the 6 voice cards.  I gently removed them from their sockets and reseated them firmly.  I then powered it up and tried a recalibration sequence again.  It zipped through the sequence with no hanging points and completed it!  Now all the voices sound equal in volume, stereo position, and pitch (save for the slight variation that makes the magic).  If you are not accustomed to handling and reseating PC board parts you might have a more savvy friend help with the process.  Be really gentle and preferably make sure you are grounded when handling the boards.
Creator of The Resonant Lung
A pipe organ sound chamber in a 40’ shipping container.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 03:54:04 PM »
Hi Sculpture Forge,

Did the crackling sound was anything like the attached sound clip?

Many thanks

Mine just recently started acting up on 1-2 voices.  One was well off pitch and only playing through the right channel.  The other was pretty decent sounding in most patches but would sometimes drop volume so low it was near silent and would sometimes crackle out of the left channel.  I reset global settings, reset calibration settings, and recalibrated many times.  It always hung up on L2 & L3 in the calibration sequence with several other spots where it would sit thinking for a couple minutes (41 was a common dwell spot).  I updated OS to 1.4.0 and still no improvement.  Finally I opened the machine up and reseated the 6 voice cards.  I gently removed them from their sockets and reseated them firmly.  I then powered it up and tried a recalibration sequence again.  It zipped through the sequence with no hanging points and completed it!  Now all the voices sound equal in volume, stereo position, and pitch (save for the slight variation that makes the magic).  If you are not accustomed to handling and reseating PC board parts you might have a more savvy friend help with the process.  Be really gentle and preferably make sure you are grounded when handling the boards.