Prophet 6 editor/panel for Ctrlr

Prophet 6 editor/panel for Ctrlr
« on: November 19, 2016, 10:16:54 AM »
Hi, here's a Prophet 6 panel for Ctrlr (attached to this post). It should cover all essential parameters except for the sequencer. Patch management is also very basic, only single patches supported. Probably some issues left to iron out.

It uses NRPN, so remember to set the Prophet to send/receive NRPN instead of CC. Have only tested it with OS 1.31.

Feel free to improve it.

wetfood

Re: Prophet 6 editor/panel for Ctrlr
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 06:01:32 PM »
 ::) wow, thanks!

I've not used Ctrlr before, but I'll give it a go.

u

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 01:05:43 AM »
Nice idea - thanks.
How to install ? What is additional needed for Installation ?

wetfood

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 03:52:48 AM »
wait... OS 1.31?

I thought 1.2.12c was the latest update.

Anyhow, I was trying to use this with ctrlr running as a plugin in ableton and having all kinds of trouble before finding out that ableton does not handle nrpn messages.

So I ran it in standalone, set all settings on the synth to send and receive nrpn, and set the midi channels appropriately. It sort of works. Ctrlr will send messages to the synth, but will not receive patches or knob twiddles.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I'd really love to get this working! Thanks so much for making this and sharing it.

Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 08:28:11 AM »
You need to set "MIDI SysEx" and "MIDI Out" in "Globals" on the Prophet 6 to either USB or MIDI to match what you have configured as MIDI Input Device in Ctrlr.

Also check out "Tools" -> "MIDI Monitor" to see what comes into Ctrlr. In the monitor window, go to "View" and mark "Monitor input". Any knob twists and sysex messages from Prophet 6 should appear.

>So I ran it in standalone, set all settings on the synth to send and receive nrpn, and set the midi channels appropriately. It >sort of works. Ctrlr will send messages to the synth, but will not receive patches or knob twiddles.

u

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 06:25:17 AM »
Ok. I found the programm to run your file.
"Receive" let the programm crash - i have the newest version of ctrl for win7-32 (18okt16).
Any idea ???

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 10:30:29 AM »
Thanks for reporting. Seems there have been some changes to the Lua language in the latest version of Ctrlr. I've attached an updated panel that should hopefully work on 5.4.16 and upwards.

wetfood

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 02:46:38 AM »
thanks for the tips. I've followed all steps to a tee and it still isn't receiving any midi from the prophet.

upon clicking receive, I get the attached dialogue. and with send it's a similar one.

any further help to get this running would be greatly appreciated.  :)

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »
Does Panel -> LUA Editor -> File -> "Save and compile all" help?

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 07:53:10 AM »
I've posted an updated version of the panel at http://ctrlr.org/prophet-6-editor/

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 06:38:35 AM »
Hello, I'm using the latest panel for Ctrlr (Windows 7) and works fine for all the basic stuff. Very useful for saving individual patches and create and organize some personal banks from computer.
I can change parameters in the P6 (for example cutoff) from the panel but not vice-versa, only the whole patch is loaded in the panel when I switch preset (from panel). Is this normal?

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 08:36:54 AM »
You mean that knob twists on the P6 itself is not received/updated in the Ctrlr panel? If so, check that you only have one panel open in Ctrlr, otherwise other panels might conflict with it. Alternatively, if you don't need to use Ctrlr as a VST, go to Panel -> Panel mode, then change the "VST Index" property for all knobs/switches to something much higher. If two or more open panels share the same VST index for a knob, Ctrlr won't update it.

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 02:22:13 AM »
Hi,

Ctrlr is not working as VST in Ableton?

Thank you

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 06:10:56 AM »
I've posted an updated version of the panel at http://ctrlr.org/prophet-6-editor/

hi does anyone have a copy pls? Link seems to be down

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 10:04:02 AM »
I've attached local copies I had of the P6 and OB-6 panels since ctrlr.org seems to be down.