Different volumes for each voices?

Different volumes for each voices?
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:33:14 AM »
Excuse me in advance if this might reveal my ignorance as far as analogic synthesis is concerned, but i don't understand why if i press a key 6 times  in a row i get different volumes (a different volume for each voice): is it a normal behaviour?

Just received the ob6 an hour ago and i'm trying to figure out everything.

Cheers.

Re: Different volumes for each voices?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 11:12:26 AM »
Try to run the calibration: Hold down the MANUAL button and press 0. That should help. You should do this anyway when the instrument is in a new environment, or as the manual says on page 59:

The first time you use the OB-6, please run its built-in oscillator and filter calibration procedure. Let it warm up for several minutes and come to its normal operating temperature before doing so.

Repeat the calibration procedure as needed over the next few days of use. The OB-6 learns the range of temperatures at your location and will keep itself in tune over this range.

Later, if you use the OB-6 in a different environment that is measurably warmer or cooler (on stage, in an air-conditioned studio, and so on) run the calibration procedure again.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 11:17:02 AM »
Try to run the calibration: Hold down the MANUAL button and press 0. That should help. You should do this anyway when the instrument is in a new environment, or as the manual says on page 59:

The first time you use the OB-6, please run its built-in oscillator and filter calibration procedure. Let it warm up for several minutes and come to its normal operating temperature before doing so.

Repeat the calibration procedure as needed over the next few days of use. The OB-6 learns the range of temperatures at your location and will keep itself in tune over this range.

Later, if you use the OB-6 in a different environment that is measurably warmer or cooler (on stage, in an air-conditioned studio, and so on) run the calibration procedure again.

Since i got it i calibrated it 3 times. I'll keep doing it in the next few days, maybe it'll fix the problem.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:20:08 AM »
Since i got it i calibrated it 3 times. I'll keep doing it in the next few days, maybe it'll fix the problem.

Hm okay, that doesn't sound right. Did you double-check the connections in the back?

If nothing helps I'd suggest to get in touch with the support: support@davesmithinstruments.com

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 02:01:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's depending on single patches.
As it is such a bliss to create your own patches i don't think i'll encour in this problem anymore...

Damn, the OB6 sounds AMAZING.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 02:20:40 PM »
Does the problem occur if you initialize a basic patch (holding the MANUAL button and pressing the WRITE button)?

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 03:26:09 AM »
No. I think it was depending from pan spread.