Software Editor for OB-6 Desktop

Software Editor for OB-6 Desktop
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:06:59 PM »
Hi All...First Post here...I just placed an order for a OB-6 Desktop and it should be here tomorrow.
I've been checking out the DSI site and researching for weeks but I still have one question.

Just wondering why there isn't a link to a software editor for the OB-6 Desktop. The keyboard version does have a link for the software editor. Will the Keyboard version of the editor work with the desktop OB-6?

Thanks

Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

autoy

Re: Software Editor for OB-6 Desktop
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:24:51 AM »
The sound tower software editor should work for the desktop without any issue. There's a demo in the Soundtower site if you want to try it first: http://www.soundtower.com/ob6/

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 11:30:09 AM »
The sound tower software editor should work for the desktop without any issue.

Really?  ::)

First time I've ever heard of any sound tower editor working without any issue.

LA

autoy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 12:51:55 AM »
The sound tower software editor should work for the desktop without any issue.

Really?  ::)

First time I've ever heard of any sound tower editor working without any issue.

LA

Yeah, I'm kinda sceptic on sound tower editors too in my other synths, that have given me lots of headaches. However this one isn't that bad at least in stand alone, haven't really tried the plugin yet. My main use would be to work as librarian.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 01:50:15 AM »
Hi All...First Post here...I just placed an order for a OB-6 Desktop and it should be here tomorrow.
I've been checking out the DSI site and researching for weeks but I still have one question.

Just wondering why there isn't a link to a software editor for the OB-6 Desktop. The keyboard version does have a link for the software editor. Will the Keyboard version of the editor work with the desktop OB-6?

Thanks

I searching beta tester for my Synthet editor that supports OB-6. It's pretty stable.
http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,817.0.html

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 11:41:57 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. That is what I figured with the Desktop vs Keyboard version. Loving my OB-6 Desktop.

Thanks

I searching beta tester for my Synthet editor that supports OB-6. It's pretty stable.

This looks promising. Keep us up to date.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

autoy

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 01:32:36 AM »

Thanks

Will this work as librarian? Meaning, will it read and send sysex patch data to the OB?

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 04:24:11 AM »
Will this work as librarian? Meaning, will it read and send sysex patch data to the OB?

Of course. I implemented good patch management, I think :)

autoy

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 06:37:38 AM »

Of course. I implemented good patch management, I think :)

Looks good. Any plans to support AudioUnit or is this VST only for the moment?

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 12:54:20 PM »

It's standalone editor. Have a plans to implement ReWire for syncronization with DAWs and develop VST/AU for parameters automation and store patches inside DAW project. Currently it working with DAW with virtual midi connection not bad. If you want I can send it to you for test :) You can check OB-6 layout and all features.

autoy

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 02:23:02 AM »

It's standalone editor. Have a plans to implement ReWire for syncronization with DAWs and develop VST/AU for parameters automation and store patches inside DAW project. Currently it working with DAW with virtual midi connection not bad. If you want I can send it to you for test :) You can check OB-6 layout and all features.

OK, mail sent, thanks.

GCL

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 08:42:09 AM »

This sounds great, hope you can make it compatible with Pro Tools and do an AAX version. Thanks.

GCL

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 08:44:19 AM »

I'd also love to get a test version if possible, thanks.

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 01:05:56 AM »
I'd also love to get a test version if possible, thanks.

No problem. Just email me at mail<a>codeknobs.com. Don't forget describe your setup.

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:42 PM »
what editors are available for OB-6?
I only found SoundTower http://www.soundtower.com/ob6/

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 12:20:01 PM »
I just downloaded the demo for the SoundTower editor for my OB6keys and about half of the functions don't seem to work.  I'll still probably get it just for patch learning/management etc., but has anyone else had a good experience with it?  The Sequencer and many of the knobs in the Voice window seem to do almost nothing, not to mention the latency on the things that do work.

Is this typical for SoundTower products?

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
I just downloaded the demo for the SoundTower editor for my OB6keys and about half of the functions don't seem to work.  I'll still probably get it just for patch learning/management etc., but has anyone else had a good experience with it?  The Sequencer and many of the knobs in the Voice window seem to do almost nothing, not to mention the latency on the things that do work.

Yea, the ST editor hasn't really impressed me at all. The plugin version never captures the state of the hardware correctly. There are always buttons that don't match and the FX section never seems correct.
The stand alone version seems to be much better at everything. It captures the current state of the hardware correctly and seems to work perfectly. At least so far. Honestly I was let down by the quality and performance of this software. DSI really need to put some pressure on these guys to up the standard a little. The competition is running circles around these software efforts. Does DSI even test this stuff? I have to think not. It reflects very poorly on DSI to let this remain as it is. The new AS-1 would have been a no brainer purchase for me if I could trust the software side of things a little more.
Come on DSI, this IS your business.

The ST demo has many things disabled so hard to say if you are hitting demo restrictions or the software is just not working proper. Try using the USB to connect to the editor and Din for clock and midi notes.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:36:57 PM by Chimponaut »

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »
Soundtower editor is not good. I would avoid. It seriously just harshed my mellow everytime I tried to use it.

Yea, the ST editor hasn't really impressed me at all. The plugin version never captures the state of the hardware correctly. There are always buttons that don't match and the FX section never seems correct.
The stand alone version seems to be much better at everything. It captures the current state of the hardware correctly and seems to work perfectly. At least so far. Honestly I was let down by the quality and performance of this software. DSI really need to put some pressure on these guys to up the standard a little. The competition is running circles around these software efforts. Does DSI even test this stuff? I have to think not. It reflects very poorly on DSI to let this remain as it is. The new AS-1 would have been a no brainer purchase for me if I could trust the software side of things a little more.
Come on DSI, this IS your business.

The ST demo has many things disabled so hard to say if you are hitting demo restrictions or the software is just not working proper. Try using the USB to connect to the editor and Din for clock and midi notes.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »
Will SYNTHET v1.0 work on os x 10.6.8 32 bit (mid 2010 MacBook Pro i5)?  :-\

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »
Will SYNTHET v1.0 work on os x 10.6.8 32 bit (mid 2010 MacBook Pro i5)?  :-\
Unfortunately, minimum requirement OS X 10.8