DSI at NAMM 2017

Re: DSI at NAMM 2017
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »
I was so excited when I first heard that Tom and Dave had done a new synth and then I was gutted when I saw it was only 49 key and 6 voices.
I had already been waiting for a decent OB8 to come available in the UK and a couple of months after that Namm announcement, I found one. Had it since about Feb/March. It sounds amazing. It is currently in being stripped down and serviced.
All in all it will have cost about £2700 after buying the synth and having the full service.
Can't wait to have it back again. It's just such a great sounding keyboard and inspires songs and ideas.
Would have preferred to have bought something new but I already have the Pro 08 and apart from that, there is nothing else out there that interests me.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 03:28:19 PM »
I know, I know.  I feel the same way.  I just don't want the repairs.  That's why I go for the larger DSI stuff.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:30:13 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 05:51:24 PM »
I know, I know.  I feel the same way.  I just don't want the repairs.  That's why I go for the larger DSI stuff.

Recently, I have gone 80's old school haha. Bought a DX5, TX816 and a JX10 (no PG800 needed anymore as I am editing it with an iPad). Have a D50 coming in too (also will be edited with the same app I bought for the iPad). These additions are because we are rerecording an album that we originally released in 1988 and these were the main keyboard sounds on there.
The OB8 on the other hand was bought because I love it. :-)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 08:01:29 PM »
It may be misplaced optimism, but I would find it hard to believe that DSI will not replace the Prophet '08 with a new instrument.  Surely something will bear a resemblance and be identifiable as the successor.  If not next week at NAMM, then perhaps it will be that other instrument to appear later this year.  I do hope DSI will at least announce it at NAMM.  Dave, I hope there's something exactly five octaves long up your sleeve.

LoboLives

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 07:06:54 AM »
It may be misplaced optimism, but I would find it hard to believe that DSI will not replace the Prophet '08 with a new instrument.  Surely something will bear a resemblance and be identifiable as the successor.  If not next week at NAMM, then perhaps it will be that other instrument to appear later this year.  I do hope DSI will at least announce it at NAMM.  Dave, I hope there's something exactly five octaves long up your sleeve.

I think they should take the idea of the 08 and improve on it. Have more than one split point. 3 at least so we have have four patches going. A programmable arppegiator, VCOs, 5 octaves (To accommodate the splits), little to no menu diving with a simple layout like the P6. I know it's asking for a lot but I figure honestly if they can come up with something like the Multi-Trak in 85 they can really come up with something really wild in 2017.

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 12:00:57 PM »

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 12:12:53 PM »
It seems to me that the slop range has been extended on the REV2. Check the video from about 2 min: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0-KRniNh-A

Please discuss all further REV2 details over here: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1037.0.html

Thanks!