Velocity in Events not responding?

drc

Velocity in Events not responding?
« on: November 04, 2016, 11:46:05 PM »
Haven't had this happen before. After playing in a beat, I went into events to adjust the velocities, and they are not responding. I can turn a snare hit down to 1 and it still hits at 109. Fixed level key is not on. Thoughts? (I just went into other projects and they are fine - velocity changes in Events screen follow changes I make, so it is specific to this one project...)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:56:35 PM by drc »

Re: Velocity in Events not responding?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 01:57:24 AM »
Velocity also responds to filter and pitch envelope and don't forget the feedback value..

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »
If you have velocity level set to zero on the amp envlp you will not notice vol changes.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

drc

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 09:42:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I've messed with all the listed parameters and cannot get the velocities in the step sequencer to respond. And it seems to be only with this one snare sound, which is made up of just the two digital oscillators, if that matters. I'm (temporarily) giving up. Hours to adjust one snare is getting ridiculous...

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 12:34:08 PM »
True but if you figure it out you will be the better for it;) As a suggestion, try deconstructing the sound parameter by parameter until velocity takes. Or post the sysex file. I'd take a pole at it.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

drc

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 06:03:22 PM »
HA! Very true. Which is why I added "temporarily". I know myself - I can't quite rest until the mysteries are solved. All of them. Some of those require death, so I'll wait bit on those. But as for the Tempest...! :)

drc

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 12:07:40 AM »
OK, issue solved! Firstly, I updated to the new beta OS and calibrated everything. That completely solved a panning issue I was having (posted in another thread). Once that was done, I came back to this issue. Now when I turn the "Amount" to zero in the amp envelope for the two digital oscillators, the sounds respond perfectly to the velocity adjustments I make in the step sequencer. If I turn the "Amount" back up, it negates the velocity changes I make in the sequencer. So, I'm incredibly happy to have the issue resolved. Now if I can be truly obnoxious and ask somebody to explain WHY it works this way, my brain would be very appreciative! Seriously though, I want to comprehend this.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 05:23:07 PM »
Sweet!
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 12:00:09 AM »
If the 'amount' is too high the 'velocity amount' won't make any difference.

I think max is 127 - so if you have 'amount' set to 127 that is the VCA maxxed out, going above that with 'velocity amount' will make no difference as values are capped at 127.

So, generally, set 'amount' to 127 minus 'velocity amount'.

I think that's right anyway!
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher