Wanna test my new soundbank for the Prophet-6?

Wanna test my new soundbank for the Prophet-6?
« on: November 03, 2016, 04:18:45 AM »
Hi.

I am looking for someone who would like to testdrive my new upcoming soundset Luftrum 15. I had for a second thought about resetting to factory and then import my own soundset to test for functionality, but "what if's" are holding me back, like what if the SysEx contains incomplete data or otherwise. :)

All you have to do is load the soundset into your Prophet-6, check a handful of patches and see if they are equal to those in the playlist below. The demo's are named after the patch number they are saved in. I wrote DSI support, and they told me that patches created in the 1.3.1 OS are backwards compatible with previous OS versions, but I would prefer if you had the new OS 1.3.1 installed.

Note: Loading the soundset will overwrite all saved patches in the 100-199 location - so be sure to take backup if you have your own patches stored there.

Any takers on this?

Below is a SoundCloud playlist with 18 individual patches from the soundset and a 6-minute YouTube demo so you can get a feel of the patches.

https://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/sets/luftrum-15-soundset-for

Luftrum
Sound Designer
www.luftrum.com

Re: Wanna test my new soundbank for the Prophet-6?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 06:17:42 AM »
Sure. Some great sounding patches in there. I'd be happy to test them. :)

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:04:12 AM »
That sounds great! Can you send me an email and we will take it on from there. My email is luftrum (a) luftrum dot com

:)

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 07:18:20 AM »
That sounds great! Can you send me an email and we will take it on from there. My email is luftrum (a) luftrum dot com

:)

Thanks. Will do...

DiScO

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »
Yes I'm in thanks! Will send email.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 04:22:00 PM »
Thanks but I already got Fuseball to make a thorough test of the soundbank for me, thanks again though.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 05:38:35 AM »
Well done , that's great !!
Want to test this too :-) :-)

Pidcin

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
Hey if I had a computer I'd love to test them out ...

But since I don't ...
would you be able to tell me how you created the spandau ballet "true" pad? I've tried to recreate it myself but didn't turn out as well as yours

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »
would you be able to tell me how you created the spandau ballet "true" pad? I've tried to recreate it myself but didn't turn out as well as yours
Hi Pidcin. Sorry, I can't exactly recall how each patch were created, most of them is just a matter of trial and error, in particular the emulations. I listen to the original pad and then I first try to get the oscillator shape correct, then the amp envelope and the filter envelope (if any) along with the right filter / res setting, then effects and in between I consider keytracking, velocity, vibrato, aftertouch etc. Often it doesn't take that long to get a rough draft created but then the finer adjustment begins, a little fine tweak here a little adjustment there and suddenly it's done - the fine tweaking often takes most of the time.

So... sorry I couldn't be of much help deciphering that particular patch.  :)