MPE

MPE
« on: October 30, 2016, 08:00:14 AM »
Is there a chance we will ever see DSI make an MPE version of the firmware for the P12 ? Just even it was just unofficial and for experimentation only. It would be nice to see some MPE hardware, for example the P12 hooked up with a Linnstrument.

lt773

Re: MPE
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 09:01:13 AM »
Is there a chance we will ever see DSI make an MPE version of the firmware for the P12 ? Just even it was just unofficial and for experimentation only. It would be nice to see some MPE hardware, for example the P12 hooked up with a Linnstrument.

oh does it not? I thought that it did support MPE. I know it supports polyphonic aftertouch though. I've been really interested in the linnstrument, to use it with the p12 would be awesome

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »

oh does it not? I thought that it did support MPE. I know it supports polyphonic aftertouch though. I've been really interested in the linnstrument, to use it with the p12 would be awesome

Aftertouch, yes. But it is lacking polyphonic pitch bend as well as polyphonic mod (Y axis on Linnstrument).

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:15:34 PM »
Please, please, pretty please.
(2) P6 Desktops, Prophet VS Rack, P10 Desktop, OB6 Desktop

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 08:34:15 PM »
Guess it must be doable since the the P12 loops through individual signal paths already for each key. For MPE instead just assign and fix one incoming midi channel to each Osc/Amp/filter path.  Here are the MPE messages for the new Roli blocks using the "5 dimensions of touch". https://support.roli.com/article/using-the-lightpad-block-with-desktop-apps/

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:55:28 AM »
Yes, I agree it should be doable with a firmware update...  just need to convince DSI to do that :)

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 12:32:16 PM »

As a guitar player I certainly would love to see this sort of update to the P12 as I bought one knowing that it did not yet respond to separate channels of pitch bend data, It just sounds so amazing to me I copped the P12 module to play chords/pads from my guitar controllers...It's not so cool as a solo expressive synth voice from a guitar controller but one can always hope.
I did call DSI about this and a couple other things and I did not get an overwhelming feeling that this functionality would be added but we can all hope.
Perhaps the new midi spec of MPE and a few controllers that already implement this expressive functionality might help to get DSI to consider this HUGE improvement for those of us looking for something deeper in the world of synthesizers as  real instruments!
DSI+MPE...kinda has a nice ring to it...don't you think?
Al

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 02:16:48 PM »
Another vote for this from me, my midi guitars and Linnstrument are crying out for it.

Maybe they could at least fit it into the REV2 as they are working on it now, 16 channels of goodness, yes please.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 06:33:26 PM »
I own a roli Seaboard Rise and will purchase a linstrument at some point. I, too, desire MPE midi for my P12. Please!

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »
+1 on Prophet 12 MPE support. Linnstrument has redefined the way I work with my P12 desktop. I'd prefer to use my favorite DSI synth than look to new hardware/other vendors.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 03:31:55 AM »
Recently got into the seaboard. The seaboard needs the prophet 12 and the prophet 12 deserves MPE. +1
Finishing songs is for loosers... *Cue overproduced 8-bar loop made entirely from a processed sample of my tears splashing aganst my empty wallet.

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 07:06:19 PM »
Added the Seaboard (blocks) recently. It's a very nice device (but it's USB 1.1, did you know that ?). Hope Dave S. and  Roger L. can do something creative together for MPE (for the P12 ofcourse :-)), they are the masters of MIDI and MPE right ? with all these MIDI USB keyboards/controllers, a USB "Host" connector on Synths would be welcome as well so you don't have to use external boxes etc.. to connect them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:08:50 PM by musicmaker »

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »
I'd really like to see this as well.

W07

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
+1, another Roli Rise owner here!

LoboLives

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »
I don't think we will see another O.S. update for the Prophet 12,6,OB6 or Pro 2 again.

I agree though about MPE in general though. I'd love to see Roger come out with a box (similar to the Adrenalinn iii) but filled with MPE supported sounds (Slide and jazz basses, sax, violin, harmonica etc).

That being said I'd also like to see Roger and Dave collaborate again on an actual synth that has MPE.

CJV

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »

As another Linnstrument owner I'd love to see this as well!