Pad LED brightness control?

Pad LED brightness control?
« on: October 28, 2016, 11:33:49 AM »
Although it is a cool psychedelic effect, the flickering led's make it difficult for me to discern which pads are playing softly or occasionally in 16 mutes mode. Is there a current menu item that allows for software control over the LED PWM (or other method you are using for the dimming). I'd rather have them be too bright if i can get them steadier. I'm on voice 1.5 and the latest beta main.  Here's a video of the tempest in 16 mutes mode with no beat playing.

Re: Pad LED brightness control?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »
Although it is a cool psychedelic effect, the flickering led's make it difficult for me to discern which pads are playing softly or occasionally in 16 mutes mode. Is there a current menu item that allows for software control over the LED PWM (or other method you are using for the dimming). I'd rather have them be too bright if i can get them steadier. I'm on voice 1.5 and the latest beta main.  Here's a video of the tempest in 16 mutes mode with no beat playing.

Where in the world do you live?  I'm just wondering how reliable the power is there; because although the LED's on my Tempest may give the odd, faint flicker, it's definitely not that drastic.  I also can't help but wonder if what we're seeing in this video isn't exaggerated by the camera's frame rate.  Regardless, no, there are no system settings for changing the LED behavior or intensity.

Cheers!

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 03:53:47 PM »
Near Akron Ohio. While this video was shot elsewhere in my home, it was exhibiting the save behavior in the studio where I had it plugged into a sine wave UPS. So, I don't think it's a (external) power issue. The camera was exaggerating the panel lights flickering, especially the green one when I change the angle but the pad flickering is pretty spot on to what what my eyes are seeing, as you can see there are no weird refresh issues on the oled display that you might be seeing with a camera frame rate problem. I had not seen this level of flickering on other videos, but I was aware there had been some previous discussion on the old thread about subtle flickering due to a reduction of the LED brightness. The flicker is not subtle on mine, so I was hoping bumping up the brightness a bit would solve this. I guess I'll add brightness control to the feature request list.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »
I can confirm this. Latest firmware installed as well. 
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 04:02:16 AM »

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 01:15:32 PM »
Yorgos has a special build. *grin*. Seriously though, does this mean Inhave to send mine in for repair? I'd hate to send my machine in...the cost sucks tonsend to the states or the local techs here may be certified to fix it but I dont trust them 100% to do so.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 02:01:08 AM »
Have you contacted support?
Yorgos has a special build. *grin*. Seriously though, does this mean Inhave to send mine in for repair? I'd hate to send my machine in...the cost sucks tonsend to the states or the local techs here may be certified to fix it but I dont trust them 100% to do so.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 07:13:16 AM »
yeah. I sent a message:) Then after it stopped flickering. I was moving the Tempest around then it was fine. So, it must be that the plug isn't inserted all the way in. I am keeping an eye on it. I hate sending stuff in to repair. I always find that something else breaks after the repair shop tweaks it.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

No flicker / LA CA
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 07:38:43 AM »
Im on official released firmware (not beta) and the tempest i have looks like Yorg's ...

All good here (no beat playing)..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B02c_K8bezRASW9oQ3ppLWozOUk

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »
Ok I had been noticing that the flicker was better or worse while doing specific things on the tempest but could not predictably change it's behavior until I noticed the lights really freaked out after a playlist stops but when you turn off the playlist button then the lights were more stable than I've ever seen them- until you start messing around with things again. Here's a video of the behavior of the playlist ending with 16 mutes on then turning off the playlist button.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 03:51:28 PM »
Interesting. Inwas thinking it was my fault with not inserting the power plug all the way into the back of the tempest. Will have tontest this out.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)