Pro 2 Main OS 1.1.15 (beta)

Pro 2 Main OS 1.1.15 (beta)
« on: October 21, 2015, 09:52:12 AM »
Just curious what's the status of the current Pro 2 Main OS. Will we see any significant updates after the official launch of the Prophet-6 module, i.e. the coming winter?

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Pro 2 Main OS 1.1.15 (beta)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:17:50 AM »
Paul, I guess this forum is still a work in progress.  Perhaps the guys still haven't worked it into their daily routines, so the responses are still very slow.  Personally, I'm still addressing any important questions I have directly to DSI information by email.  It seems best to take that route for now and then report the information back here, rather than get frustrated waiting for a response.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:26:58 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:39:31 AM »
Paul, I guess this forum is still a work in progress.  Perhaps the guys still haven't worked following it into their daily routines, so the responses are still very slow.  Personally, I'm still addressing any important questions I have directly to DSI information email.  It seems best to take that route for now and then report the information back here, rather than get frustrated waiting for a response.

I figured that. I also just wanted to create a thread for the current OS, though. I dunno if some of the information posted on the old "inofficial" forum should be transferred over here, like a summary of bugs found by the beta testers.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 10:29:15 AM »
I dunno if some of the information posted on the old "inofficial" forum should be transferred over here, like a summary of bugs found by the beta testers.

I think that would be a good idea.  We should take responsibility to build up this forum ourselves.  The guys at DSI probably have their hands full, especially with NAMM getting near.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »
Okay, I will take a look into it later and then compile everything over here.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 11:57:57 AM »
From what I understand the current beta will make it into release and then in the future they are looking at a more significant update, I guess sorting the sequencer functionality out and maybe changes from the P12 moving to the P2, like the linear FM.

Hopefully for the "imminent" release they will fix the Midi clock over DIN issue and the sequencer low priority problem which I think were introduced with the latest beta.

Who knows though!

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »
After taking another look at the OS thread in the old forum, this is what I can come up with:

Known issues and bugs:
  • Key priority issues when track 1 is set to “notes off” and the sequencer play source is set to “sequencer” (temporary solution: use “Keyboard” as the play source, since the key priority tracks correctly when the note track is off)
  • The screen top row / patch name flickers when values are changed (not yet confirmed by DSI)
  • The shortcut for assigning a mod destination to a sequencer track (hold “Track Select” + turn a knob on the control panel) does not work for the parameters “Feedback Tuning,” “Distortion,” and “Sub Osc Level” (in all three potentiometer modes).

Enhanced features taken into consideration by DSI:
  • Paraphonic sequencer recording
  • Alternate tunings (was already added to the menu at one point, but didn't work yet)
  • Linear FM

In the latest OS versions, the mod destinations “Osc All Shape Mod” and “Delay All Time” have been added. Coming from a Prophet ’08, I would suggest adding the following multiple mod destinations as well (in case it doesn’t turn out to be a hassle):
Osc All Level, LFO All Freq, LFO All Amt, All Env Amt, Delay All Amt, Delay All Feedback.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 04:25:14 AM »
Thanks for compiling this list!
I added something to the enhanced features taken into consideration by DSI List. I posted this at the other forum and contacted DSI about this with the response that they will add it to the list.

Known issues and bugs:
  • Key priority issues when track 1 is set to “notes off” and the sequencer play source is set to “sequencer” (temporary solution: use “Keyboard” as the play source, since the key priority tracks correctly when the note track is off)
  • The screen top row / patch name flickers when values are changed (not yet confirmed by DSI)
  • The shortcut for assigning a mod destination to a sequencer track (hold “Track Select” + turn a knob on the control panel) does not work for the parameters “Feedback Tuning,” “Distortion,” and “Sub Osc Level” (in all three potentiometer modes).

Enhanced features taken into consideration by DSI:
  • Paraphonic sequencer recording
  • Alternate tunings (was already added to the menu at one point, but didn't work yet)
  • Linear FM
  • Modulating clock synced LFO speed "frequency"

"modulating clock synced LFO speed" with e.g. the step sequencer would be great. It could give us some great Rhythmik opportunities switching the synced LFO from 1/8 to 1/4 to 1/1 etc.

Greetings Markus

DSI PRO2 | DSI Prophet Rev2 | Volca Bass | Volca FM | Teisco SX 400 | Alesis Quadrasynth | Roland D-50 | Ableton Live | Ableton Push | Novation Remote 49 SL MKII | Motu UltraLite AVB |Motu Micro Lite

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 04:29:59 AM »
Hopefully for the "imminent" release they will fix the Midi clock over DIN issue

I was about to post a new thread asking a question related to the midi clock pass thru.

I was trying to send the external midi clock from Ableton Live via USB to the PRO 2 and pass it via MIDI Din to a Korg Volca Bass. I did not manage to get this working. Is this what you are referring to? Otherwise i could open a new thread with this topic.
DSI PRO2 | DSI Prophet Rev2 | Volca Bass | Volca FM | Teisco SX 400 | Alesis Quadrasynth | Roland D-50 | Ableton Live | Ableton Push | Novation Remote 49 SL MKII | Motu UltraLite AVB |Motu Micro Lite

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 08:26:25 AM »
Hopefully for the "imminent" release they will fix the Midi clock over DIN issue

I was about to post a new thread asking a question related to the midi clock pass thru.

I was trying to send the external midi clock from Ableton Live via USB to the PRO 2 and pass it via MIDI Din to a Korg Volca Bass. I did not manage to get this working. Is this what you are referring to? Otherwise i could open a new thread with this topic.

Nope, that is different I guess.

Tom

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 01:36:05 AM »
Hello,

is the version OS 1.1.15 (beta) stable (no known other problems) or when a final version will be released?

Best regards.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 04:02:05 AM »
There are the problems mentioned in this thread.

For me using it over USB it works fine.

You can always install it and if you have problems put the old version back on.

Cheers

Andy

Tom

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 05:15:34 AM »
There are the problems mentioned in this thread.

For me using it over USB it works fine.

You can always install it and if you have problems put the old version back on.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks!

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »
Just to keep this thread accurate:

1.1.15 can cause hung notes via din midi. With my Octatrack it happens instantly. With my Tempest it happens within the first minute. DSI support was able to recreate this bug when connected to a Tempest and it's on the "to be fixed" list. After going back to 1.0 everything works as it should.

https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

Jonas Sjöström

• Prophetate the world of music!
    • The Eyes of Olivia Wilde
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 01:46:57 AM »
What I would like is to be able to easily add rests when programming the sequencer, perhaps a similar way as on the Prophet~6. Another thing would be the possibility to transpose the sequences when triggering the sequencer from a gate signal into CV in, Like on the pro~one :)
Drumtraks, Poly Seq, Mopho, Pro-2, Prophet~5, Prophet~6

GBP

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 07:42:26 AM »
Hi there! Any News about a new OS?

Pepe

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 08:16:19 AM »

this ?

GBP

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 08:36:04 AM »

this ?

Nope. No new OS/just talking about a new one is not what i call "News"...

Anyway... I asked that question last Sunday. Two days ago i bought a new Pro 2. OS 1.2.0.2 is installed. So... Everything's fine now. For me. Maybe someone else could ask now for any News about a new OS. :)

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 11:47:14 AM »
OS 1.2.0.2?? Why don't existing users have access to this yet? Does the BPM change constantly when slaved to an external source? This is the only bug that really hampers my use of the Pro 2.

GBP

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 11:52:25 AM »
I posted a picture of the included changelog (printed on paper) here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206858580077870&l=bad49f51b8
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:54:06 AM by GBP »