OB-6 OS 1.1.4 is out

autoy

OB-6 OS 1.1.4 is out
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:54:49 PM »
Updating as we speak. Hope it fixes the sync subs behavior and the annoying startup/power down clicks. I haven't found a change log of fixes and additions, anyone have info? Cheers and happy updating!

autoy

Re: OB-6 OS 1.1.4 is out
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 01:58:36 PM »
Sadly, neither of these two issues are fixed in this update :(

sofine

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 03:13:29 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Very strange operation, no changelog in their website nor the OS download.

Anyone know what changes have been made?

I'll hold of until then!

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 03:35:08 PM »
Hi Autoy. Neither of the things you're mentioning are software bugs.

The sub oscillator behavior when oscillator sync is enabled is hardware based, and the expected operation of the OB-6 and P6. Nothing is physically wrong with these synths in this way.

The sub oscillator in the OB-6 is a square wave generated by a flip fop which is driven from the start of oscillator 2's waveshape. When sync is on, oscillator 1's waveshape is retriggered by oscillator 2's frequency. This means that oscillator 2 is retriggered as well, though the frequency of the sub is half that of oscillator 1.

Depending on the oscillators' respective root notes, the sub oscillator may not work consistently from one voice to the next since it is being retriggered at the same time as oscillator 1.

Secondly, the OB-6 will make a click when powered on/off. All of our instruments will do this to some degree. The convention is to power on your speakers/put on your headphones after the synth has been powered on.

The only real changes to the OB-6 OS from 1.0 to 1.1.4.1 are the additional of Poly Chain functionality, added in conjunction with the release of the OB-6 Desktop Module, and the addition of the Velocity Response Curves that we added to the Prophet 6 on it's last OS update.

Cheers.
SEQUENTIAL

autoy

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 06:13:29 PM »
Thanks Extempo. In any case, very minor annoyances in the grand scheme of things. Additional velocity curves are very welcome.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:00:17 AM »
Hi,

Is OS 1.1.4 only available for the OB-6 Keyboard version (not for the OB-6 Desktop)  ? 

I have the OB-6 Destkop model, but no OS download seems to be available for the Desktop.

Any feedback on this ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:02:00 AM by muziksculp »

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 11:27:01 AM »
Hi,

Is OS 1.1.4 only available for the OB-6 Keyboard version (not for the OB-6 Desktop)  ? 

I have the OB-6 Destkop model, but no OS download seems to be available for the Desktop.

Any feedback on this ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Does your OB-6 Desktop Module's display not read "1.1.4" on bootup?
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 02:09:29 AM »
Weirdly when I update my OB-6 Keyboard to 1.1.4 it still displays 1.1.3 after the update.. Anyone else see this?

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 06:04:03 AM »
1.1.4 is soooo buggy for me.

1) sequencer doesnt work, no matter what sequence i record it always record the same note
2) after powering on the instrument, the display shows always the same patch number ( 467), it just wont remember the last patch used, no matter what i do its always the same patch after switching on the instrument.
3) In Cubase, i have to power off/power on the instrument literally every 30 min because it stops receiving the MIDI. I am using USB.

Is there a way to go back to previous OS, didnt have those issues before the update?

autoy

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 08:51:10 AM »
1.1.4 is soooo buggy for me.

1) sequencer doesnt work, no matter what sequence i record it always record the same note
2) after powering on the instrument, the display shows always the same patch number ( 467), it just wont remember the last patch used, no matter what i do its always the same patch after switching on the instrument.
3) In Cubase, i have to power off/power on the instrument literally every 30 min because it stops receiving the MIDI. I am using USB.

Is there a way to go back to previous OS, didnt have those issues before the update?

1) This is weird. Re-apply update.
2) Check the manual on how to set the default patch in which you boot when powering. You probably messed with that setting.
3) Check your MIDI Local on/off configuration or other possible Global Settings misconfigs.

dslsynth

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 09:14:23 AM »
Other points to check: (1) Make sure you use the right sysex file. (2) Make sure to recalibrate after update if said so in the upgrade instructions.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »
Anyone reading may want to hold off on the update from 1.0. I have 1.0 and read a couple posts (one here under Ob6 section) regarding problems with midi.

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 10:07:23 PM »
Anyone reading may want to hold off on the update from 1.0. I have 1.0 and read a couple posts (one here under Ob6 section) regarding problems with midi.

I'll "guinea pig" myself and update (from 1.0.0) tonight and report if that causes midi issues. Crossing fingers it doesn't (I really like the newer velocity curves on the updated P6, so it's worth it).

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 11:21:32 PM »

I'll "guinea pig" myself and update (from 1.0.0) tonight and report if that causes midi issues. Crossing fingers it doesn't (I really like the newer velocity curves on the updated P6, so it's worth it).

You realized that there's been 2 months since anyone reported any problem in this thread???
Pretty sure someone would have complain during that time.... (Unless all the guinea pigs before you died during the process)   ;D

LA

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »

You realized that there's been 2 months since anyone reported any problem in this thread???
Pretty sure someone would have complain during that time.... (Unless all the guinea pigs before you died during the process)   ;D

LA

It is true. Autoy opened a thread: http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1034.0.html

I was on version 1.0.0. As soon as I upgraded I experienced the same thing. You can read more details there.