Thank you

AJCT

Thank you
« on: October 16, 2016, 12:08:07 AM »
To the whole Dave Smith Crew:
I remember not long after I bought my Tempest I was having second thoughts and that maybe I should have gone with the Analog Rytm or a Jomox. Now over the year and a half of owning this machine, it has dawned on me the ingenuity and love that went into making this machine. It is amazing and way beyond just an analogue drum machine - there is nothing remotely like it and every day it amazes me what comes out of it. I queried the lack of ability to sample but when you realise the scale of the sonic pallet inherent in this machine, there is no need - it's vast.
The Tempest is not trying to emulate anything and thus - to me - is the true successor to the 808.

Thank you.

Love and hugs

AJCT

Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 03:39:51 AM »
To the whole Dave Smith Crew:
I remember not long after I bought my Tempest I was having second thoughts and that maybe I should have gone with the Analog Rytm or a Jomox. Now over the year and a half of owning this machine, it has dawned on me the ingenuity and love that went into making this machine. It is amazing and way beyond just an analogue drum machine - there is nothing remotely like it and every day it amazes me what comes out of it. I queried the lack of ability to sample but when you realise the scale of the sonic pallet inherent in this machine, there is no need - it's vast.
The Tempest is not trying to emulate anything and thus - to me - is the true successor to the 808.

Thank you.

Love and hugs

AJCT

100% in agreement !!
Brilliant machine!
Tim

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »
Absolutely 100% agree!
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

deepminddark

• I <3 my Tempest.
    • homeŽecords label.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 06:06:19 AM »
I would like to thank you all for creating TEMPEST. It is a wonderful and versatile machine! As a thank you, I have prepared the Entry of the Gods into Valhalla in Tempest version. It may not sound perfect, but I based it on my own sounds (which were made for other musical genres than classical). Nevertheless, I managed to get more out of the Tempest than I expected. Dave, Roger, Team.. Thank you!

https://youtu.be/2qn2P5TnAYg
Tempest for life.