How to get System to remember BPM/Swing/Dist Sources on startup

How to get System to remember BPM/Swing/Dist Sources on startup
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:41:07 PM »
Hi there, the title explains most. I want my Tempest to load the BPM/Swing/Comp/Dist Sources that are saved in the Beat, however it defaults to Playlist on startup and will not remember me setting it to Beat. You could see how this could be a problem, especially in a live setting, if I forget to set that when starting up. Let alone how bothersome it is to have to set that every time I turn the tempest on. This seems to be a new bug wit OS 1.4 as I didn't used to have this problem.

Am I missing a step? Or is this a bug? Thanks!

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
Re: How to get System to remember BPM/Swing/Dist Sources on startup
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 04:46:49 PM »
In the system menu you can set it up to project instead of beat. I prefer it myself this way.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »
In the system menu you can set it up to project instead of beat. I prefer it myself this way.

Hey thanks for the reply! Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know how to access and change this setting, but my issue is that the Tempest will not remember switching it from Project to Beat. It defaults to Project on all at startup.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »
Maybe it is a bug?
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 07:12:17 PM »
i hope i understand the question correctly. I use Bpm mostly by Beat source ( System/Swing/Dist Source ) and never hv problem with this. i'm in beta 1.4.3.2. Tempest always recognise in every start up. Is it possible its a unit unique's bug?

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 11:31:29 AM »
This is something that I have experienced and have had a bit of trouble with as well... I've never pursued fixing it or looking into it though.

My Tempest seems to start with the swing set to 56.7% (or something arbitrary like that)-- it's just enough to sound a little off if swing isn't in your intentions! It's gotten to the point where I habitually hit shift and crank the tempo pot counterclockwise upon startup.

A solution to this would be great!

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 12:21:39 PM »
Looks like it's a bug on my machine. It's become a habit to just set the system preferences how I like them before loading a beat. A bit of a pain but no the worst. Hopefully this goes away with the next update. Thanks everyone!

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »
Hi. Try leaving any system changes by the system key. Then parameters are saved if Im not wrong...

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 01:58:52 PM »
Hi. Try leaving any system changes by the system key. Then parameters are saved if Im not wrong...

Unfortunately this only works while the machine is still on. Once powered off, the next time it's on, this parameter has been reset. Not sure if any others have been reset.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 11:46:06 AM »
I don't have this problem either....