Nudging individual hits in a beat?

Nudging individual hits in a beat?
« on: October 14, 2016, 02:11:06 AM »
Hi all

Is it possible in unquantized mode to nudge a single hit, say a high hat or kick, in a entire beat?

I always record unquanitzed, and sometimes it sure would be useful to be able to nudge a single hit to sit better with the rhythm :)

- Alex

Re: Nudging individual hits in a beat?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:37:01 AM »
I'm guessing you'd want something like Elektron's micro timing but i'm afraid it's not there.
The only option is this: Hold step in 16 time steps and press FF or Rewind to move that step forward/backwards by one quantize amount.
Hi all

Is it possible in unquantized mode to nudge a single hit, say a high hat or kick, in a entire beat?

I always record unquanitzed, and sometimes it sure would be useful to be able to nudge a single hit to sit better with the rhythm :)

- Alex

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 06:01:17 AM »
What about the 'time shift' parameter in the events screen? I think this will do this (to an extent) or individual hits.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »
As you said to an extent (-4/+3) it's not like the micro timing but if difference is subtle it might do the trick..It would be great to use a combo for micro shifting..
What about the 'time shift' parameter in the events screen? I think this will do this (to an extent) or individual hits.

Shea

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:18:58 PM »
was beat-wide nudge ever implemented? six-year-old pym quote:

There will be nudge options for the sequencer, as well as moving the whole sequence over by one step. Seriously I can't count how many times I started making a beat and realized that the 1 was somewhere in the middle... drives me nuts when I have to redo the whole thing

bozo

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 06:51:40 AM »
was beat-wide nudge ever implemented? six-year-old pym quote:

There will be nudge options for the sequencer, as well as moving the whole sequence over by one step. Seriously I can't count how many times I started making a beat and realized that the 1 was somewhere in the middle... drives me nuts when I have to redo the whole thing

Wow I forgot about that one, and yes, its a feature that is very very useful as pym himself says and something i have oft
wanted to use.
What else has been left on the table because of Dave Smiths psychotic frenzy to release new products, and I lay the blame directly at his feet.
Although its a good machine and can produce great music the whole software development of it has left very sour taste with many people who are connected to it, I'd even has at a guess that pym and who ever else hate working on that code now. :( :o

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 02:00:07 AM »
We really need beat-wide nudge :( You think it will ever be implemented?

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 02:21:03 AM »
i seriously doubt it.
though i've needed it a few times already. tis a pain in the ass to have to redo the whole fecking thing

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 03:48:41 AM »
Nah won't happen...
We really need beat-wide nudge :( You think it will ever be implemented?

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 09:30:17 PM »
So no global nudge was added? That's so much more useful than a single step, which can just as easily be manually changed.