Help with P6 Module not transmitting MIDI

Help with P6 Module not transmitting MIDI
« on: May 25, 2024, 12:16:25 PM »
Hi!
I am having issues with my new P6 module not sending any MIDI info to logic when recording.(Logic Pro X) I can hear the synth and when i record an audio track, it records the audio, but no MIDI is written on the external synth track. I also am using my OB-6 as the MIDI controller.

My setup is the P6>Audio Outs to interface> MIDI IN from P6> MIDI out to OB-6.
 I have also tried connecting the USB from OB-6 as well as the P6 to the iMac as well.

Now if i change some settings in the globals, it will write MIDI but then there is no audio.

Can someone please help?  Thanks! MT

Re: Help with P6 Module not transmitting MIDI
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 07:23:33 PM »
Hi!
I am having issues with my new P6 module not sending any MIDI info to logic when recording.(Logic Pro X) I can hear the synth and when i record an audio track, it records the audio, but no MIDI is written on the external synth track. I also am using my OB-6 as the MIDI controller.

I think that by default the midi out on the P6 is just that ... a midi out. What you want to use is the midi thru port. This will echo the midi coming in from the OB-6 out to your computer. Just tried it using my PX as the midi controller and it works fine.

I don't know Logic Pro, but I would assume that a midi track would have the ability to set midi channel and midi input device. If not then it's time to move to another DAW. Anyway, check that all is properly set in the midi track and it should work. Also check the audio/midi setup in the iMac utility folder to make sure your midi interface device is there and set up properly.

I use an iMac in my studio and do LOTS of midi. Two apps that I find extremely useful are Midi Patchbay and Midi Monitor, both of which are freely downloadable. I couldn't function without them. I have 9 midi devices in my studio and it's a very simple matter to connect one to another via Patchbay. Monitor is great for those times when something isn't working the way you want it to.

Hope you get it working.

Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

Re: Help with P6 Module not transmitting MIDI
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2024, 08:21:50 AM »
Hi!

I think that by default the midi out on the P6 is just that ... a midi out. What you want to use is the midi thru port. This will echo the midi coming in from the OB-6 out to your computer. Just tried it using my PX as the midi controller and it works fine.

I don't know Logic Pro, but I would assume that a midi track would have the ability to set midi channel and midi input device. If not then it's time to move to another DAW. Anyway, check that all is properly set in the midi track and it should work. Also check the audio/midi setup in the iMac utility folder to make sure your midi interface device is there and set up properly.

I use an iMac in my studio and do LOTS of midi. Two apps that I find extremely useful are Midi Patchbay and Midi Monitor, both of which are freely downloadable. I couldn't function without them. I have 9 midi devices in my studio and it's a very simple matter to connect one to another via Patchbay. Monitor is great for those times when something isn't working the way you want it to.

Hope you get it working.

Just to confirm also - 100% achievable through Logic