Trigon 6 Drive Unnoticable

Trigon 6 Drive Unnoticable
« on: April 17, 2024, 12:07:47 PM »
I recently got a Trigon 6 Desktop running 1.1.1 and I find the Drive side of the FDBK/Drive knob to be unnoticeable on every patch. In comparison the Feedback is very noticeable even in small amounts.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this typical/expected behavior from the synth?

Is there a way I can verify if the Drive is working correctly?

gus

Re: Trigon 6 Drive Unnoticable
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 02:50:25 PM »
Drive is pretty subtle on the T6, and depends greatly on the program material. In some scenarios you'll hear a slight boost, in others you'll hear full on saturation.

Try making a basic preset (preset + write), turn on all 3 triangle waves, play a chord, then turn up drive. From there, turn up the osc level to clip the oscs even more. Great for basses.

Have fun!
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 03:45:03 PM »
Drive is pretty subtle on the T6, and depends greatly on the program material. In some scenarios you'll hear a slight boost, in others you'll hear full on saturation.

Try making a basic preset (preset + write), turn on all 3 triangle waves, play a chord, then turn up drive. From there, turn up the osc level to clip the oscs even more. Great for basses.

Have fun!

Ahh yea that worked, I can hear the difference now. I wish it could push a little harder into the filter but I can see how this is useful.

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 03:16:12 AM »
I haven't experienced this exact issue with my Trigon 6 Desktop, but I have noticed variations in knob sensitivity between different patches. It's possible that the Drive parameter is programmed differently in certain patches, leading to a less noticeable effect. Have you tried adjusting the Drive in patches where it seems particularly subtle to see if you can detect any changes?
snake game

swid

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 04:14:12 PM »

Have fun!

You are correct - it is very subtle, but that makes it more useable than the feedback half (which definitely has its uses, but it goes from “a lot” to “way too much” without much in between!).

I’m going to try your suggestion - sounds fun!