Trigon 6 Drive Unnoticable

Trigon 6 Drive Unnoticable
« on: April 17, 2024, 12:07:47 PM »
I recently got a Trigon 6 Desktop running 1.1.1 and I find the Drive side of the FDBK/Drive knob to be unnoticeable on every patch. In comparison the Feedback is very noticeable even in small amounts.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this typical/expected behavior from the synth?

Is there a way I can verify if the Drive is working correctly?

gus

Re: Trigon 6 Drive Unnoticable
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 02:50:25 PM »
Drive is pretty subtle on the T6, and depends greatly on the program material. In some scenarios you'll hear a slight boost, in others you'll hear full on saturation.

Try making a basic preset (preset + write), turn on all 3 triangle waves, play a chord, then turn up drive. From there, turn up the osc level to clip the oscs even more. Great for basses.

Have fun!
Sequential | Oberheim

Re: Trigon 6 Drive Unnoticable
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 03:45:03 PM »
Drive is pretty subtle on the T6, and depends greatly on the program material. In some scenarios you'll hear a slight boost, in others you'll hear full on saturation.

Try making a basic preset (preset + write), turn on all 3 triangle waves, play a chord, then turn up drive. From there, turn up the osc level to clip the oscs even more. Great for basses.

Have fun!

Ahh yea that worked, I can hear the difference now. I wish it could push a little harder into the filter but I can see how this is useful.

Thanks!