Pro3 sound- always seems to be some overdrive applied

Kusho

Pro3 sound- always seems to be some overdrive applied
« on: March 25, 2024, 06:55:31 PM »
There always seems to be some amount of overdrive affecting the sound, even when all drive/distortion parameters are at zero (including Ext Audio level and input gain which seem to add drive when no ext audio source is plugged in -same as a Minimoog).
Pro3 doesn't seem to be able to do buttery smooth filter sounds as well as the little Dreadbox Typhon for example (no fx used).
This seems to be a quality of the filter stage of the Pro3, regardless of which filter type is used.
Anyone else notice this?
Setting OSc levels all to 50% helps but still there's some drive happening it seems

Re: Pro3 sound- always seems to be some overdrive applied
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 07:26:50 AM »
There always seems to be some amount of overdrive affecting the sound, even when all drive/distortion parameters are at zero (including Ext Audio level and input gain which seem to add drive when no ext audio source is plugged in -same as a Minimoog).
Pro3 doesn't seem to be able to do buttery smooth filter sounds as well as the little Dreadbox Typhon for example (no fx used).
This seems to be a quality of the filter stage of the Pro3, regardless of which filter type is used.
Anyone else notice this?
Setting OSc levels all to 50% helps but still there's some drive happening it seems

If I keep the filter drive low and keep the osc levels at 50% I don't hear much overdrive on my Pro-3. The ladder filter is a bit more dirty and overdrives more easily but I think it is possible to get also that one clean. Are you sure you don't have some modulation in the modulation matrix active? Maybe you should try to go through the calibration procedure and see if that helps.