Pro 3 Theremin Volume Control

Pro 3 Theremin Volume Control
« on: March 24, 2024, 02:35:43 AM »
Hi, Want to use my Etherwave to control the Pro 3’s Cutoff and Volume through it’s CV In’s. I see modulation for Cutoff, but nothing for Volume.
Is this correct? Any help to achieve Volume control would be appreciated.
D

Re: Pro 3 Theremin Volume Control
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 05:47:50 AM »
Hi, Want to use my Etherwave to control the Pro 3’s Cutoff and Volume through it’s CV In’s. I see modulation for Cutoff, but nothing for Volume.
Is this correct? Any help to achieve Volume control would be appreciated.
D
You can use one of the assignable CV inputs and route it to the relevant volume control in the mod matrix.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 10:39:51 AM »
Hi, Only going by the manual and online searches it seems there is no VCA Volume destination implemented.
My Pro 3 is waiting to be unboxed and used in a week for me to verify. Hope I’m wrong about this. Can you or anyone verify this. Sorry to question this. D

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 11:16:18 AM »
Hi, Only going by the manual and online searches it seems there is no VCA Volume destination implemented.
My Pro 3 is waiting to be unboxed and used in a week for me to verify. Hope I’m wrong about this. Can you or anyone verify this. Sorry to question this. D

Then use the VCA envelope depth parameter

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 09:03:54 PM »
Hi all, For what it’s worth. Since the Pro 3 lacks “volume” as a modulation destination, I tried modulating via CV the Envelope VCA Amount to no avail.
My ultimate solution to control volume is using a Kenton CV to Midi unit to input MIDI cc#7. Luckily there was a solution.  D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 09:06:28 PM by Pro3Pixie »

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 05:12:41 AM »
Hi all, For what it’s worth. Since the Pro 3 lacks “volume” as a modulation destination, I tried modulating via CV the Envelope VCA Amount to no avail.
My ultimate solution to control volume is using a Kenton CV to Midi unit to input MIDI cc#7. Luckily there was a solution.  D
When you tried modulating VCA envelope amount did you have the envelope amount knob set to zero or to maximum? If the mod matrix CV assignment is multiplicative then you’d need to set envelope amount to maximum; if it is additive, you’d need to set envelope amount to zero.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 07:53:16 AM »
Quatschmacher, Thank you for your input. I completely forgot about doing that. I do it for cutofff, but didn’t do it for VCA:( Thanks again and have a great weekend!

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 02:59:14 PM »
Quatschmacher, Thank you for your input. I completely forgot about doing that. I do it for cutofff, but didn’t do it for VCA:( Thanks again and have a great weekend!
You’re welcome. Let us know if it has the desired outcome.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 07:42:59 AM »
My Etherwave is now controlling the Volume and Cutoff of my Pro 3 ala Mezerg. Had the Subsequent 37 like him, but now using the Pro 3.