Copy only one layer to another program

Copy only one layer to another program
« on: March 14, 2024, 06:07:43 AM »
I'm not sure if this is possible, or if it is possible and something  really simple I have missed..

Is there a way to copy only layer to another program?

So for example, if I had a program U1 can I copy Layer B only to program U2? And if so, choose which layer within U2 that it is copied to?

Any help welcome!

EDIT - I did check the manual but couldn't find anything on this

Re: Copy only one layer to another program
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 03:24:52 PM »
Sorry to bump.. is anyone aware of any way of achieving this? I suspect there probably isn’t.. but just on the off chance!

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 09:32:37 AM »
Sorry to bump.. is anyone aware of any way of achieving this? I suspect there probably isn’t.. but just on the off chance!

You can with SoundTower Editor. It has an option to copy from Layer A or B. And then paste to Later A or B. You can copy from one patch and paste into another.

I don't think it's possible on the synth alone.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 09:38:28 AM by Julienne Fractals »
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 02:00:10 PM »

You can with SoundTower Editor. It has an option to copy from Layer A or B. And then paste to Later A or B. You can copy from one patch and paste into another.

Thank you! I already have Soundtower for a couple of synths.. may have to invest in the PX one.

Thanks again!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 08:03:57 AM »

Thank you! I already have Soundtower for a couple of synths.. may have to invest in the PX one.

Thanks again!

If you do go the Soundtower route be aware that there is a as yet unfixed bug in the PX that lets the editor talk to the synth only when the PX is set on midi channels 2 or ALL. I found this out the hard way.
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 10:23:35 AM »

Thanks again!

If you do go the Soundtower route be aware that there is a as yet unfixed bug in the PX that lets the editor talk to the synth only when the PX is set on midi channels 2 or ALL. I found this out the hard way.

Im not seeing this. I have my PX set to channel 5. I have two instrument channels in logic. One set to midi channel 5 (output A on synth) and the set midi channel 6 (output B on synth). I can use the PX with multi mode on and get unique channels to play when I select them. Or set it multi mode to off and have it push out to both channels when in stack mode. SoundTower (plugin) is set to channel 5 and it communicates fine. What am I missing here?
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 10:25:06 AM »

Thanks again!

No worries - think they still do demo downloads on the editors so you can check before you buy. I tested it yesterday and it seems to work fine.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 03:35:34 AM »

Thanks again!

No worries - think they still do demo downloads on the editors so you can check before you buy. I tested it yesterday and it seems to work fine.

Thanks once more for testing it!

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 10:49:45 AM »

Thanks again!

Thanks once more for testing it!

That fine. Your question got me thinking. I also have the P12 with SoundTower. And Yes that option is in there was well. Sweet little feature. Every day is a school day.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 10:48:18 PM »
Yes this is possible. When you are saving a program it will show the names of both layers. You can then scroll through the layers of all the patches. When you come across the layer you want simply hit save and now that layer is also apart of that new program.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2024, 01:20:15 AM »
Yes this is possible. When you are saving a program it will show the names of both layers. You can then scroll through the layers of all the patches. When you come across the layer you want simply hit save and now that layer is also apart of that new program.

Do you mean on the unit itself, you can choose which layer to save from and to?

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2024, 01:56:07 PM »

Yes. It’s a bit cumbersome and takes a bit of time scrolling through the patches but it’s not impossible.

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2024, 07:49:43 AM »
[
Im not seeing this. I have my PX set to channel 5. I have two instrument channels in logic. One set to midi channel 5 (output A on synth) and the set midi channel 6 (output B on synth). I can use the PX with multi mode on and get unique channels to play when I select them. Or set it multi mode to off and have it push out to both channels when in stack mode. SoundTower (plugin) is set to channel 5 and it communicates fine. What am I missing here?

Odd, this is. This is a bona fide bug, acknowledged by Sequential. See here: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6257.0.html
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2024, 08:08:14 AM »

Yes. It’s a bit cumbersome and takes a bit of time scrolling through the patches but it’s not impossible.

Thanks for this - I still can’t figure out how to do this though. Is there a way to select which layer to save to when saving a patch?

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2024, 01:09:58 PM »

Thanks for this - I still can’t figure out how to do this though. Is there a way to select which layer to save to when saving a patch?

Yes. I’ll do a video when I’m back at the studio.

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2024, 06:23:36 AM »
[

Odd, this is. This is a bona fide bug, acknowledged by Sequential. See here: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6257.0.html

A bug that I cannot replicate. Hope they fix it for you soon.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2024, 01:18:27 PM »
Are we talking about the same thing? MIDI note reception as opposed to SYSEX reception?
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!