Interested in purchasing Take 5. How is quality control at this point?

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking this question.  I've been researching analog and digital synths for about a year.  I've come to the conclusion that the Take 5 might be the synth I want to get.  I'm hesitant though because of the many problems I have read about on various websites, forums, etc.  At this point should I wait or go ahead with purchasing one.  Thanks.

I've had mine since first release... been solid.   With firmware v2.0 even better than at launch.   

Definitely recommend Take 5 if you're looking for a compact Prophet-style synth, but with extra sound design depth due to the more capable LFOs, envelopes, mod matrix and effects. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

I've had mine since first release... been solid.   With firmware v2.0 even better than at launch.   

Definitely recommend Take 5 if you're looking for a compact Prophet-style synth, but with extra sound design depth due to the more capable LFOs, envelopes, mod matrix and effects.
Thanks for the information.  I really like the sounds of the Take 5.  Good to hear you have had a good experience with it.

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking this question.  I've been researching analog and digital synths for about a year.  I've come to the conclusion that the Take 5 might be the synth I want to get.  I'm hesitant though because of the many problems I have read about on various websites, forums, etc.  At this point should I wait or go ahead with purchasing one.  Thanks.

AFAICT there are no evident production-line quality issues, but nothing is ever perfect -- when issues do arise Sequential support has shown themselves to be top notch. I'm super happy with mine.

Bad experience here, i bought two brand new, both with big issues.
First one had a kind of faulty lowest key note, responding differently to velocity compared to the others. And no, it’s not just bad luck, i’ve encountered the exact same issue on several units i’ve had the chance to test on various shops.

Second unit was completely unusable, the mod and pitch wheels kind of activate by themselves without touching it resulting on crazy pitch intonation and modulation, no matter how much i calibrate the osc and all the available procedures. And neither this is just bad luck, forums are plenty of this kind of issues and, according to the Sequential customer service (which is great btw), it’s a well known problem.
Eventually i opted for a refund.

Now, i’m sure that most of the people who bought it are super happy with it but, considering my experience and the amount of troubles of various kind you can find on web, i’m quiet suspicious about the T5.
I’ve been buying synth of various brand for about 20 years, and i’ve never encounter this kind of situation, from the cheapest to the more expensive one.
I mean, the T5 sounds fantastic, truly amazing even more than other synth of higher level and, since they taught me that no one gives you something for free, there must be a reason for that price range, apart from the 5 voices.

No accusation or shit spitting here, i think i’ll go with the third attempt on trying to find a working unit cause again, the T5 sounds fantastic and i love the overall layout.
But these are just facts that i believe you and who wants to buy that synth should know.

Mine is (probably) one early batch.
Had zero issues until now when the big cutoff wheel started making a high pitch mechnic scratching noise.
It is not a big issue and does not affect that much, some potentiometer oil may solve it probably.
Sequentials technical support is very helpful too!

With that said, in this price class, Take 5 must be the best sounding and fun synthesizer I ever used.
It is really amazing so  don't hesistate a purchase.