Calibration hangs when OB6 is on temperature

Calibration hangs when OB6 is on temperature
« on: March 04, 2024, 10:06:44 AM »
Dear all,

I upgraded to the new 1.8 OS for the OB 6. i cleared the Calibration and wanted to recalibrate it. Actually everytime when the synth is running like 30min and on tenperature i cannot calibrate it anymore. Calibration only works smooth when the Synth is cold. I tried to reset global settings, resend the OS. All Cables are disconnected while calibrating. Any information abput this behaviour? Is my synth broken? I have aswell a Prophet 6 and have no Calibration issues when its on temperature.

Best Regards

Samuel

Re: Calibration hangs when OB6 is on temperature
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 12:07:33 PM »
There's a few threads about calibration topics for the OB6 on this forum.  Start by going thru there (search area) which will bring up discussions that offer remedies that solved previous problems people were having with erratic calibration and temperature dependence.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 04:38:25 AM »
Same problem here.
And some voices start to sound detuned after 30 minutes playing
The back of the module is a little bit hot
and the autocalibration stops in "043"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 04:41:15 AM by Liradigital »

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 07:01:00 AM »
Finally, I have calibrated it but something strange happens when initialize  a program.
I play six times the same key and the 5th and the 6th are blended with noise and the noise potentiometer does not affect

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 02:16:00 PM »
Hello again.
I tried the steps of the troubleshooting page and it solved my case. Thanks