Prophet 6 two keys not sounding...

Prophet 6 two keys not sounding...
« on: October 11, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »
I have a Prophet 6 which has never been moved off its stand in my music room since last November. Turned it on last  night and no sound from bottom E and the C key above it. Seems odd as its in a clean, smoke free and low dust environment and the machine never moves...
I emailed DSI support and Carson from the support team very helpfully quickly replied with instructions to open up the instrument, remove the offending keys and massage the rubber dome under each key to see if that works. I have done that this evening but it did not work. I have also updated the OS in the hope it was a software issue but no benefit from that either.

Customer support so far seems great but any ideas on what is causing this from anyone else please?

Re: Prophet 6 two keys not sounding...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 12:43:12 PM »
just noticed something else...
if i play a sustained sound on a working key and then push down either the E or C and apply aftertouch they do affect the sustained sound...
so the physical key contacts must be working but for some reason are not triggering the oscillators...
for me this is bad news as it suggests there won't be an easy physical remedy I can make to fix this...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:49:36 PM by Jeremy Bender »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:43:42 PM »
I had one note that didn't work on my Poly Evolver Keyboard.  DSI Customer Support guided my through removing a few keys and cleaning a small rubber piece, and now it works fine.  Hopefully, your problem will be as easy to fix.

Update:  Oh, now your problem sounds a bit more complicated.  But just wait for DSI Support.  They'll be good to you.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:45:28 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

chysn

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 12:53:42 PM »
It's probably still a physical problem. There are three contact points for each key: two momentary on/off switches (the synth measures the time it takes to close the second switch, and uses that information to determine velocity) and an aftertouch ribbon. The aftertouch ribbon can work, while one of the two key switches doesn't.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:56:12 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

MMYYKK

• Science
    • MMYYKK
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 07:52:48 PM »
Has this been solved? i’m having a very similar problem except with my Eb3 key.

It doesnt fire at all when played in a sequence of notes. When played on its own sometimes it fires just a short note and if i keep hitting it will eventually sustain. While the note sustains i can play other keys if i hold it down.. but nothing when playing other notes before.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 03:33:48 PM »
Hi MMYYKK-

Sorry you're having trouble with your Prophet-6. Please contact our dedicated support channel:

support (at) sequential.com

They'll help you sort it out quickly!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM