how to save presets in A banks ?

Nokki

how to save presets in A banks ?
« on: February 20, 2024, 10:07:39 AM »
Dear community,

This is a bit of a shot into the dark and I am not sure where to find this information

I have 2 prophet X keyboards, and recently bought the second one.

I somehow have managed to install the Moon One presets in preset Bank A3 (i.e not U3 or F3) a few years back, probably by accident and now when I am installing these patches on my second prophet x then i cannot for the life of me figure out what i did a few years back when i did manage to install patches in the A banks, - does anybody have a clue how to install patches in A bank ?

ps. one Prophet X will stay in the studio, the other one for gigging

Nokki

Re: how to save presets in A banks ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 10:13:15 AM »
At least i know it is possible cause one of my keyboards has the moog one presets in bank A3, hopefully this makes sense to somebody that can help :)

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 05:30:22 AM »
I think that Shaw’s Moog One package includes instructions for installing it anywhere you want it to be. If you have lost the instructions I believe that Shaw is still sharing his Moog One sound set on dropbox. A quick search of the forum will take you to the link.
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 08:40:51 AM »
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

Nokki

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 03:04:51 PM »
the instructions have nothing about adding the presets in A banks :)

just to be clear there are User banks, Factory banks and then banks marked A for Add on, and i have somehow in the past managed probably by accident to install them in A banks and i am trying to figure out how to do it again hehe

If anyone has a clue it would be really appreciated

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 08:59:04 AM »
the instructions have nothing about adding the presets in A banks :)

just to be clear there are User banks, Factory banks and then banks marked A for Add on, and i have somehow in the past managed probably by accident to install them in A banks and i am trying to figure out how to do it again hehe

If anyone has a clue it would be really appreciated

SoundTower software allows to write the A banks.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 06:34:49 AM »

SoundTower software allows to write the A banks.

Be aware that the PX version of Soundtower can communicate only on channels 2 and ALL due, presumably, to a bug in the PX firmware. I found this out the hard way.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 01:29:02 AM »
It is indeed a bug in the PX

I report this about two years ago. This was acknowledged by Sequential as a bug, and something for them to look into, but there was no guarantee on time frame, and I have never had a response. I will give them a chase.

My ticket number is 71979.

Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 03:27:59 AM »
Correct, I find the same issue when using the excellent KnobKraft patch manager.

https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm
Prophet X, Korg Modwave, Wavestate, Novation Summit, Microfreak, B2600, Akai Force, Skulpt, Uno Pro, Ableton Live and some modular