Take 5 upgrade cap

Take 5 upgrade cap
« on: February 18, 2024, 09:46:26 AM »
Im constantly looking for ways to upgrade my synths visually ... I know; its a dumb thing to focus on, but I often feel like the visual / tactile part of my instruments is a part of the sparks of inspiration when I try to come up with new musical ideas...  ::)

The latest upgrade is a pair of wooden sides for my Take 5 - brings it into propper Sequential-land construction-wise... However the design of the plastic knob-caps still lets it down in my opinion.

I happen to have a set of spare knob-caps from a P8 module in my drawer, and what do you know; the encoder-caps fit the encoders on the Take 5 :)

The potentiometer-caps however doesnt fit as a straight swap... but I might get them to slide on with some modifications: It looks like the space inside the caps is just about deep enough to fit, but the shafts used on the P8 is of a different length and design, so hopefully some gentle trimming of the alignment-wings inside the caps should do the trick.

Once the 36(!) caps has been modified, all I have left is sourcing a new knob-cap for the cutoff :)
Prophet 5 rev4
Moog Matriarch
Take 5
Moog Grandmother
Nord Electro 5

(Mopho X4, Prophet REV2 16, Prophet 6, OB6, PRO 3) ... as well as a pile of gear from other manufacturers

blewis

Re: Take 5 upgrade cap
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 04:46:44 AM »
Will a Prophet 5 Rev4 knob be big enough for the filter knob?