Ed for Prophet 5

chysn

Ed for Prophet 5
« on: February 12, 2024, 04:33:10 PM »
Ed for Prophet-5 is an editor/librarian package targeting the Commodore VIC-20 8-bit computer. Prophet-5 and the VIC-20 were roughly contemporaneous products, but as far as I know, they never talked to each other due to the lack of MIDI in 1980.

Ed is available on cartridge, and the MIDI interface (for the computer's user port) will be included in the package. Ed accepts and transmits sysex dumps from and to the Prophet-5, as single programs, banks, or groups. It has utilities for re-organizing program libraries, and for genetic voice generation.

Of course, it's not lost on me that this is a long shot as a popular product. Nobody's going to have a Prophet-5 and a VIC-20 going in the same room. It's sort of performance art. But also, I use it for voice generation as well as my own program backups.

The code is open-source, written in 6502 assembly language (https://github.com/Chysn/VIC20-prophet5/blob/main/src/p5ed.asm).

Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his