Prophet 10 Output Distortion

Prophet 10 Output Distortion
« on: February 02, 2024, 05:24:10 PM »
My P10 output (and headphone) will distort if Volume attenuator is fully up at power-up.  However, if I power-up with the Volume at 8 or below there is no distortion.  This works every time.  I'd like to leave well-enough alone, but I'm concerned that this might be a sign of impending failure and my P10 is still under warranty.  I have an RMA to send in mainboard but I wonder if the Panel has anything to do with it. Support didn't seem to think so.

I updated to 2.04/1.1.3 shortly after purchase according to instructions as posted on the forum. My P10 Panel update counted up 000>100. However, it did not do a count-down from 10>0. The display just briefly went blank after the 000>100 sequence, then displayed the last patch before doing the update, ready to play. Also the screen never showed 'rst' after going blank.  Still, the version-check shows it was loaded. The Main update loaded in accordance with the instructions. Everything works as far as I can tell.

Any similar experiences or thoughts?  Thanks

Re: Prophet 10 Output Distortion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 09:40:09 PM »
Very similar behavior on my P10 after updating to 2.04/1.1.3 over the weekend

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 05:54:28 PM »
Hey all- forgot to update my post.  I had to send in the mainboard to tech support for repair and that fixed the problem

SMV

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 06:25:14 AM »
I had this problem on my P10 just because I wrongly ( it was a blind connection)connected the output jack to the headphones hole and it was distorting. But it was my mistake
SMV