Prophet 6 Effects Aliasing

Prophet 6 Effects Aliasing
« on: October 08, 2016, 10:49:33 PM »
Recently decided it was time to cop the p6, generally in love with the sound.  Despite having played a friend's unit a couple times i decided to take some decent headphones to a shop and give a p6 a little more thorough listen. I was kinda shocked to hear really substantial amounts of aliasing whenever the effects were activated. Most noticeably on the chorus which happens to sound amazing apart from the aliasing.  It was so present in the sound that I was just confused as how it could have ended up on a $3K synth.  I have a 12 and had to get a new board sent from dsi to deal with aliasing issues so maybe the top end of my hearing is just hyperactive. But I know aliasing when i hear it and what I heard on the P6 made the effects unusable.  I'm hoping this was an anomaly.  Guitar center floor model that has never been updated etc.  I can't find anyone else online even mentioning aliasing on the p6 effects.  I'm wondering if anyone has encountered aliasing on the P6 effects whether audible or on a spectrum analyzer.  Probably going to seek out some different ones to play and test out but would love to hear whether or not anyone else has encountered this. 

Re: Prophet 6 Effects Aliasing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 06:21:23 AM »
I haven't noticed it in a long time, so I presume it was fixed with a firmware update a while back, but there did used to be a fairly nasty bug that would cause the effects section to go nuts and sound really messed up and aliased like you describe - it wouldn't go away unless you power cycled the machine.

Apart from that, I have nothing but good words to say about the effects on the P6 - so much so that if it were released as a standalone effect pedal, I'd buy it in a second to use with my other synths.