How to switch the sequencer off?

How to switch the sequencer off?
« on: January 29, 2024, 07:14:00 AM »
Hey guys, I'm about to lose my head with this synth. Why is the sequencer always on? How is this a sane default? I can't have midi sync on and switch off the sequencer. Am I the only one getting crazy with this? Please SEQUENTIAL, add a way to switch off the sequencer. I just want to play the synth, why must I always engage with the sequencer?

This is a rant post, because this is an insane behavior that should have never passed beta testing. I've had the synth for a while, but instead of having fun composing, I find myself interrupted by this obscene feature.

I'd like to know how can I:
* Have midi sync on
* Can play the synth without any sequence being triggered or having to toggle play

Thanks for listening.

Re: How to switch the sequencer off?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 10:09:35 AM »
I use mine all the time w/o the sequencer. Its not a default.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 10:25:29 AM »
Hey guys, I'm about to lose my head with this synth. Why is the sequencer always on? How is this a sane default? I can't have midi sync on and switch off the sequencer. Am I the only one getting crazy with this? Please SEQUENTIAL, add a way to switch off the sequencer. I just want to play the synth, why must I always engage with the sequencer?

This is a rant post, because this is an insane behavior that should have never passed beta testing. I've had the synth for a while, but instead of having fun composing, I find myself interrupted by this obscene feature.

I'd like to know how can I:
* Have midi sync on
* Can play the synth without any sequence being triggered or having to toggle play

Thanks for listening.

What's your set up? Are you sure you're not triggering it from MIDI?

If you have MIDI connected, try disconnecting and see if it still happens.

The manual is sticked on the top of the Pro3 section, link here: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4049.0.html

There's a lot on info about the sequencer in there. Think you just press PLAY to start the sequence and press it again to stop it. The feature is there so I don't think it's anything "obscene" from Sequential - maybe it's an issue with the unit, but much more likely to be something in the wonderful world of MIDI that needs changing.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 10:53:46 AM »
The Pro 3 sequencer is not on by default. In most presets it needs to be started manually or via MIDI clock input, though IIRC there may be some presets that feature it and have it set to start via keypress (in Gated or Trigger mode).

You may also be sending MIDI clock without realizing it, so please check that you are not. Disconnect the synth from MIDI/USB if you are not sure, and check thereafter.

The manual is very helpful. Info on the sequencer starts on page 60:
https://sequential.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Pro-3-Users-Guide-1.2.pdf
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 08:35:23 AM »
change MIDI IN to IN/no s/s