Now I have Gate Out from Voice Out

Psalm37

• Check out the website link, thanks.
    • http://www.timmantle.com/psalm37.html
Now I have Gate Out from Voice Out
« on: January 26, 2024, 04:15:50 AM »
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've been here. I created some very successful patches in 2017, which many of you have purchased and for that I'm really grateful - especially for all the wonderful comments and support.

I recently purchased the Tempest again as I wanted to sequence my bitbox micro with it. Not realising the Tempest only spits out one midi sequence track. So, I did some sound design and created one more sound for public use.
I imagine someone has already done this, but I have created a sound that when allocated a voice and routed out of that voice jack output, successfully fires my bitbox micro gate in.

It took a long time to get it working right, messing about with the envelopes and getting the right waveform to trigger the bitbox reliably but I got there. So, now I effectively have 6 gate outs running flawlessly, using the voice output jacks.

I can only test this with my bitbox and I imagine it only works with devices expecting 5V. However, if this solution hasn't already been found before and anyone else would like to try this sound firing their external gear, let me know.

Psalm37patches
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 05:44:39 AM by Psalm37 »

Re: Now I have Gate Out from Voice Out
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 05:55:37 AM »
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've been here. I created some very successful patches in 2017, which many of you have purchased and for that I'm really grateful - especially for all the wonderful comments and support.

I recently purchased the Tempest again as I wanted to sequence my bitbox micro with it. Not realising the Tempest only spits out one midi sequence track. So, I did some sound design and created one more sound for public use.
I imagine someone has already done this, but I have created a sound that when allocated a voice and routed out of that voice jack output, successfully fires my bitbox micro gate in.

It took a long time to get it working right, messing about with the envelopes and getting the right waveform to trigger the bitbox reliably but I got there. So, now I effectively have 6 gate outs running flawlessly, using the voice output jacks.

I can only test this with my bitbox and I imagine it only works with devices expecting 5V. However, if this solution hasn't already been found before and anyone else would like to try this sound firing their external gear, let me know.

Psalm37patches

Very cool Tim, and great to see you back with the Tempest!
I love your patches, and the work you’ve done with the tempest, please create more batches, and even some YouTube content would be delightful!

Psalm37

• Check out the website link, thanks.
    • http://www.timmantle.com/psalm37.html
Re: Now I have Gate Out from Voice Out
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 11:30:18 AM »
Hi all,

Psalm37patches

Very cool Tim, and great to see you back with the Tempest!
I love your patches, and the work you’ve done with the tempest, please create more batches, and even some YouTube content would be delightful!

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback.
Believe me, I'd love to do some more YouTube content and sound design!
I've struggled for time though in the last few years though and don't currently have a studio. All my gear is either under various beds or at someone else's house.

I only noodle for now.
Things I'm sure will change, and once I get a permanent set up, I'll go full upload!