Continuous patches in the Prophet 12

Continuous patches in the Prophet 12
« on: January 24, 2024, 04:38:45 PM »
Hi all...
First time posting
I'm using Knobkraft to control my Prophet 12 desktop and I have a bunch of sound packs that I'm trying to install however I'm unable to install them sequentially ie subsequent installs overwrite the previous installations. I couldn't find a reference to this through here, and sadly I can't find a manual for K. Can someone please advise on how to get around this? Thank you all

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: Continuous patches in the Prophet 12
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 07:33:33 AM »
The patch data itself contains a reference to where it should be stored. If you load two patches in any order that are marked for the same location, the latter one will overwrite the previous. This is by design.

If you want to re-target patches or move them around in memory, you need something like SoundTower's editor for the P12 Desktop, which has a (clunky, IMO, but functional) patch manager/librarian tool. Make sure you have backups of all patches you care about as .syx dumps or something first as it's bloody easy to overwrite things on the P12 itself by accident using that tool, but it does work well to, e.g. load a batch of patches from a file to a different location on the P12 than they were originally marked for.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 10:18:49 AM »
Hi all...
First time posting
I'm using Knobkraft to control my Prophet 12 desktop and I have a bunch of sound packs that I'm trying to install however I'm unable to install them sequentially ie subsequent installs overwrite the previous installations. I couldn't find a reference to this through here, and sadly I can't find a manual for K. Can someone please advise on how to get around this? Thank you all

Welcome to the forum rotur
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 10:21:47 AM »
Sequential | Oberheim