Save a Drum Kit

Cole

Save a Drum Kit
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:45:36 PM »
Is there any way to save a custom drum kit on the Tempest? Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I can't find my answer. Thank you

Cole

Re: Save a Drum Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:39:43 PM »
Go to T's root menu by hitting both shift buttons+System and from there choose options 1 for your init sound or option 3 for your init beat..Of course you have to create first your init sounds/beats/projects..To change the display sound type hit shift+softknob 3

Cole

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 05:59:46 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that menu was there! Thank you so much!

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 07:44:59 PM »
When you wrote to save a custom drum kit, did you mean an initialized sound/beat (basically a default setting). Or did you mean you make a beat with a variety of sounds and just want it listed as a preset to save? The terms Kit and Beat are interchangeable. The Tempest just saves the sequencer, beat fx, and mixer data along with the preset but you dont need to load the extra stuff if you dont want to.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

Cole

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 02:08:40 PM »
I'm not the typical Tempest user, I don't do dance music on it. I tend to want to use the same kit for lots of my music, I'd just like to save my custom drum kit and not have to recreate it every time I start a new project.

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »
You can follow Yorgos advice (which I would). Then create a project. Load up or initilize the beat one each pad. Then save the project. I use @Templatexxx in a folder of your choice. Next time you load that project save it under a new name to use with your new song.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

Cole

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 01:50:41 PM »
Thank you all for your help!

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 07:36:45 AM »
Neither am i.

If you have any samples of your projects online, id enjoy checking them out.

I'm not the typical Tempest user, I don't do dance music on it. I tend to want to use the same kit for lots of my music, I'd just like to save my custom drum kit and not have to recreate it every time I start a new project.