blue-stripes overlay

blue-stripes overlay
« on: January 20, 2024, 01:49:57 PM »
I’ve always loved the blue-stripes look of the OB’s. If anyone is curious to how the OB-X8m looks like with the synthoverlay, I just got it.  Looks pretty awesome

LPF83

Re: blue-stripes overlay
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 02:19:06 PM »
I’ve always loved the blue-stripes look of the OB’s. If anyone is curious to how the OB-X8m looks like with the synthoverlay, I just got it.  Looks pretty awesome

That's very cool!  I had no idea this was even available for the desktop module.

I'm not in the market for one, because TBH I think my OB-X8 module is one of the more gorgeous pieces of gear in my studio... compared to the keyboard version (which I thought looked good, but I wouldn't call gorgeous) there's something about the tighter spacing of the knobs and the black stripe at the top that just seems to work, aesthetically, on the module version I think....subjective, I know.

The other thing is I already have the classic pin stripes on my OB-6 so I didn't feel I was missing out on anything -- but I do understand how there is demand for that iconic striped look!
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: blue-stripes overlay
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 01:49:47 AM »

That's very cool!  I had no idea this was even available for the desktop module.

I'm not in the market for one, because TBH I think my OB-X8 module is one of the more gorgeous pieces of gear in my studio... compared to the keyboard version (which I thought looked good, but I wouldn't call gorgeous) there's something about the tighter spacing of the knobs and the black stripe at the top that just seems to work, aesthetically, on the module version I think....subjective, I know.

The other thing is I already have the classic pin stripes on my OB-6 so I didn't feel I was missing out on anything -- but I do understand how there is demand for that iconic striped look!

Hehe I have the OB-6 too, but I just love the blue stripes look 😂