Piano patch (not electric) for my Prophet 10

Piano patch (not electric) for my Prophet 10
« on: January 17, 2024, 08:23:01 PM »
Hi all, great to be here with my new Prophet 10 and I would love some help with a Grand Piano patch. Any ideas how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Since last night I now have the latest OS and am ready to go. I'm aiming for a Grand Piano sound but with an edge.... Perhaps there is something out there I could download and add some sauce to or some helpful hints re. programming. Cheers for now, Richo.

Re: Piano patch (not electric) for my Prophet 10
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 01:34:24 PM »
Hello, and welcome  :)
Prophet-10 rev.4 is a very nice and competent synth. but the ability to
sound like a decent Grand Piano is not one of its many sound possibilities  ...

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

g3o2

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 02:49:24 PM »
If you own an iPad with a Pianoteq license, and a CME WIDI Master for your Prophet, you can have a decent piano sound.

Alternatively, the 1010music Tangerine ships with a decent piano multisample out of the box - a USB-A to USB-C will be needed or a combination of WIDI Master and WIDI jack. As a bonus, Tangerine can auto sample your Prophet and record clips.

QQ
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 04:31:51 PM »
If you own an iPad with a Pianoteq license, and a CME WIDI Master for your Prophet, you can have a decent piano sound.

Alternatively, the 1010music Tangerine ships with a decent piano multisample out of the box - a USB-A to USB-C will be needed or a combination of WIDI Master and WIDI jack. As a bonus, Tangerine can auto sample your Prophet and record clips.

This is amazing, looks like pianoteq is available on my iphone 8!  Widi haha, I thought it was a auto spellchecky thing... Tangerine mmmm....very, very tasty. A really good sampler would be so cool.  Thanks man, I'm deep diving into both. But I still want to mess with the Prophet because it does electric pianos so after a tweak and equally/more so for the bottom end i just have a feeling it could be killer. (stacking might be crucial) Think what pianoteq might sound like on a starship lost in space for 10,000 years with all those generations of kids tweaking and everything in between.........I get excited thinking about it

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 04:44:30 PM »

Cheers !

I will have a crack though and hopefully the liistener will be temporarily fooled into thinking its a grand but then going, "No...Cant be a grand, too wild"

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 04:13:52 AM »

Cheers !

I will have a crack though and hopefully the liistener will be temporarily fooled into thinking its a grand but then going, "No...Cant be a grand, too wild"

True ....
I think 90% or more of the average listener cant tell the difference or dont care  :o

But as a keyboard player I think you do.  At least I do  8)
Another "issue" with P-10 and "real piano sound" is the polyphony ...   Only 10 voices.
And if you try to stack different sounds (as you wrote in previous post)
then there's only 5 voices to play with ...    :-\
Of course it all depends of what kind of music you play ...

Good luck   :)

Cheers !

1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X