Tetra Combo Mode Arpeggiator Problems

Tetra Combo Mode Arpeggiator Problems
« on: January 08, 2024, 08:02:17 PM »
Hi all, I am new to the forum and pretty new to the Tetra. I created a combo that I want to be arpeggiated. It's like a super saw with the same patch on each voice. I have the arp turned on in the patch. When I play the patch on it's own, the arp runs fine (played from Arturia keystep). When I switch to combo mode, the arp stops working. What's strange is when I enter Global settings while in Combo mode, the arp runs. It sounds awesome. As soon as I exit Global settings, the arp stops working again. Has anyone experienced this and if so, have any suggestions on how to fix this?

BTW - I am drawn to the combo mode because I can control the cutoff for all of the voices at once. In normal patch mode, I can't seem to make the parameters "sync" with once knob across the A and B layer. 

Re: Tetra Combo Mode Arpeggiator Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 06:41:21 AM »
When I play the patch on it's own, the arp runs fine (played from Arturia keystep). When I switch to combo mode, the arp stops working. What's strange is when I enter Global settings while in Combo mode, the arp runs.

According to Sequential support at the link below

https://support.sequential.com/hc/en-gb/articles/5326066219538-Arpeggiator-doesn-t-work-in-Multi-or-Combo-mode

"The Tetra's arpeggiator is designed to work in Program mode, it does not work when Multi is ON or in Combo mode."

I can only assume that when in the Global menu the device may be playing a singular program.

Shame given that the arpeggiator on all four voices would be something. 

A limited work around may be using the sequencers in each voice.  The sequencer for each voice in a combo can be used.  You could program each sequencer to replay the notes required and fire them off by playing a note on your controller keyboard or via the 'Push It' button.  The sequencer can be transposed in real time via the key played on your keyboard controller. 

However at only 16 note steps this will limit what you can do and of course the fun of the arpeggiator is changing the chords and voicings in real time.   :-(
Sixcontrabass: - Prophet 10 Rev4, Prophet 12, DSI Tetra, ESQ1, Yamaha FB01, Korg 05R/W, Cheethah MS6, Cheetah SX16, EMU e5000 Ultra, Roland Super JV, Novation A Station, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware B4000, Creamware PRO-12 ASB, Behringer Dimension D, Neutron, Pro-1