Prophet 12 - Waveshape Demos?

Prophet 12 - Waveshape Demos?
« on: January 06, 2024, 08:28:56 AM »
Hi everyone!

My apologies if a post for this topic already exists - I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if I was using the search function properly or not.

I'm deeply interested in getting a Prophet 12 due to the ability to set up each oscillator with three wave shapes and use an internal LFO to morph between them.

But, I can't find any demos that showcase the waveshapes beyond the 4 "classic" oscillator shapes. What I'm interested in, is the 12 additional waves and how they sound. I haven't been able to find any comprehensive examples of what those waveshapes sound like on their own.

Does anyone know of a resource that would allow me to hear these without needing the actual instrument in front of me?

Cheers!

Re: Prophet 12 - Waveshape Demos?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 09:59:39 AM »
There might be something on Youtube from during its release period coving this.   If not, try also looking at Pro2 vids.  as its the same shapes used on that.

The morphing each oscillators  between the other digital shape variables gives a pretty big big number considering the factorial thing going on.  With enough twiddling's you can get to almost any combo you wish.   
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1