Pro 3 Freezes

Pro 3 Freezes
« on: December 28, 2023, 07:56:26 AM »
I had a Pro -3 a couple of days ago, and on some cases the synth suddenly stops playing and freezes, after a long time it plays again, is there any explanation for this? It's like I have an internal breakdown.

Re: Pro 3 Freezes
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 08:57:07 AM »
I had this issue a couple of times, seems like it happened when I was tweaking paramaters in certain sub menus under global settings.

Do you have any midi or USB cables plugged in?
I read that it can happen with static discharge when handling the front panel around the display.

Btw do you mind listening to my soundcloud file of the triangle wave to see if yours is as buzzy as mine.
https://soundcloud.com/rackmode/protri

Also, is there quite some disparity between your headphone and main outputs in level? My headphone output is really loud but my main outs are quite quiet.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 10:07:15 AM »
To note, our headphone outputs are always louder than the main outputs, so it's normal that your unit will behave that way.
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 10:28:58 AM »
To note, our headphone outputs are always louder than the main outputs, so it's normal that your unit will behave that way.

Thanks, can you listen to the recording of the triangle wave and compare with yours? See if its as buzzy as mine. thanks

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 10:34:57 AM »
If you have an issue, I suggest opening a support ticket: support@sequential.com

If you listen around, however, you'll find that not all triangle waves sound alike, nor do they all look the same on a scope. I know from my own unit that the triangles have a bit of an edge on them, which may be what you're referring to.

Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 12:43:02 PM »
I'm not a P3 owner, but my Prophet 5 and Prophet 6 have very different sounding triangle waves. It's just the nature of various waves!

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 12:49:58 PM »
You will also want to listen with osc levels set below max in the Mixer section. You can overdrive the oscillators with high Mixer levels (among other gain stages int he circuit).
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 10:30:23 PM »

Do you have any midi or USB cables plugged in?
I read that it can happen with static discharge when handling the front panel around the display.

I don't have any cables connected, It happens randomly and without explanation, sometimes I feel like it's an overload of processing between the effects