Trying to program change without notes playing from Korg Nautilus ...

I am trying to change programs/banks in the REV2 with my Korg Nautilus ... without having the Nautilus play the sounds from the REV2.

I have the program/banks changing fine, but need to be able to play both synths separately without the Korg controlling the REV 2 sounds from the Korg keyboard.
Sequential Rev2, Korg Nautilus, Moog Subsequent 37, Studiologic Sledge 2, Sequential Pro 3, Oberheim Matrix 6R, Behringer Monopoly, Roland D-10,Roland Alpha Juno 1, Yamaha TX81z, Rokland D-110, Yamaha TG55.

Re: Trying to program change without notes playing from Korg Nautilus ...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 11:04:58 AM »
If the Nautilus doesn't have an option to only send program changes, you will most likely need some sort of MIDI filter in between to strip out the realtime Note On / Note Off data and pressure/velocity/mod/pitch -- but keep the program change messages. 

I have all my MIDI devices routed through iConnectivity MIO XL interfaces, which have options for doing that type of filtering...  It does look like there may be other cheaper/easier options as well... haven't used these, but Miditech Thru 4 / Filter, or MIDI Solutions Event Processor might work.     

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

jok3r

Re: Trying to program change without notes playing from Korg Nautilus ...
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 02:17:25 AM »
You have to use a dedicated channel in the Nautilus mixer for your Rev2. You can configure Bank/Program changes there. Be sure to use a MIDI channel other than the Nautilus‘ keyboard channel for your Rev2. Everything should work then…

I don‘t have a Nautilus myself, but since it‘s a „smaller“ Kronos it should work in the same KORGy way. No other hardware should be needed if everything is configured right.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES