New MAP for Take 5

New MAP for Take 5
« on: December 15, 2023, 10:21:36 AM »
Just noticed that there's apparently a new minimum advertised price for the T5 on a Sequential promo page. Wonder if that was supposed to be posted in the new year after the $150 kickback offer expired?

The Take 5 is available now at a US MAP of $1,299.

Re: New MAP for Take 5
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 02:33:02 PM »
Funny story about my Take 5 purchase -- I was so convinced of the value proposition I didn't even blink at the price posted at my music retailer. For me it was truly a case of shut up and take my money. Luckily, when I arrived for pick-up they w/o asking cut 10% off list price.

This is doubly funny, maybe only to me, because I spent nearly a decade selling pro music gear at this retailer's then major competitor, so I knew how the game worked. To me it was, and still is, easily worth $1500.

I'm happy to see others will get a chance to purchase theirs for less money and hope they all enjoy it as much as I.

kpatz

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 06:59:08 AM »
Just noticed that there's apparently a new minimum advertised price for the T5 on a Sequential promo page. Wonder if that was supposed to be posted in the new year after the $150 kickback offer expired?

That promo page hasn’t been updated since August 2021, so that’s the original MAP when it was first announced.  I actually got mine for that price in October 2021.  Shortly afterward the price jumped.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 07:02:06 AM by kpatz »

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 10:59:40 AM »

That promo page hasn’t been updated since August 2021, so that’s the original MAP when it was first announced.  I actually got mine for that price in October 2021.  Shortly afterward the price jumped.

DOH!

Now that you mention it, I do remember a lower price when the T5 was first released and mildly kicking myself for not going for it earlier. Thanks!