Reorganizing Presets

Reorganizing Presets
« on: December 10, 2023, 06:44:07 PM »
So I’m new to the P6. I’ve downloaded sound tower , codeknobs, and have explored the f0f7 site.

My trouble is there’s very little out there on forums or YouTube on how to actually you these dang librarian tools and at least for me ….they are not intuitive.

Is there anybody open to helping me reorganize my presets by type ? Like literally I’m willing to compensate somebody for their time if they can help or guide me through this process .

In a perfect world I’d love all pads, bass, leads etc grouped together numerically for easy patch auditioning. Maybe this isn’t doable but it seems like I’ve seen mentions of doing it , just not how to do it.

Re: Reorganizing Presets
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 05:06:33 AM »
So I’m new to the P6. I’ve downloaded sound tower , codeknobs, and have explored the f0f7 site.

My trouble is there’s very little out there on forums or YouTube on how to actually you these dang librarian tools and at least for me ….they are not intuitive.

Is there anybody open to helping me reorganize my presets by type ? Like literally I’m willing to compensate somebody for their time if they can help or guide me through this process .

In a perfect world I’d love all pads, bass, leads etc grouped together numerically for easy patch auditioning. Maybe this isn’t doable but it seems like I’ve seen mentions of doing it , just not how to do it.

Did you come across this:

https://www.soundtower.com/prophet6/manual/librarian.html

Hopefully this gives what you need.. if not please let us know!

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 05:36:51 AM »
Thanks bud it’s a little clunky but I’ll see if I can sort my way through it

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 06:02:30 AM »
Thanks bud it’s a little clunky but I’ll see if I can sort my way through it

Cool.. there a section about half way down which starts "The space on the right side of the librarian window is where you can organize individual or groups of patches, collect them and reorder."

The section there is the important stuff for what you're after.

If you struggle with it at all let us know, would be happy to help you out!

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 09:21:58 PM »
Ok that actually worked after couple trial and error moments . I was able to organize presets by type so thank you

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 02:45:58 AM »
No probs, glad it worked out! :)