What Expresion Pedal do you use

What Expresion Pedal do you use
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »
Still fighting this issue.
I currently use a Moog EP 2 Expression Pedal with my Pro2. I have tweaked it and checked my settings , But still have a a weak response from the set up.
Is the Moog EP 3 any better. OR... What do others use ?
Thanks

Re: What Expresion Pedal do you use
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 12:04:30 AM »
I Have a couple of EP2s here I can test with just to check it's not just your one, what exact problem are you seeing?

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 06:04:33 AM »
I'm looking for an expression pedal for my Pro 2 and found this thread. Not much info, can anyone elaborate on why the Moog EP2 is "weak" with the Pro 2? Any other suggestions?

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:23:30 PM »
Hi soundxplorer, what a coincidence, I've been thinking about an expression pedal too. I just decided to go ahead and order a Moog EP-3, which arrived today.

I've tested it just now and it seems to work great with the Pro 2. There's a trim pot on the side of the pedal which adjusts the range. With it set to maximum, and with the Pro 2's mod amount set to 127 aimed at Filter 1's Cutoff, the pedal actually had too wide of a range. The filter was just going from one extreme to the other and the pedal seemed too sensitive. Lowering the range on the pedal's trim pot helped me dial in to the filter's sweet spot and I got some rockin' "wah wah" action going on.

So I'd say it works great and has plenty of range. I recommend it.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 02:27:43 PM »
Cool, thanks for the reply soundxplorer! The EP-3 sounds like it will work great.