Prophet-6 Module

Re: Prophet-6 Module
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2015, 08:57:30 AM »
Well, I'll have to get back to you about the control possibilities of the P12 module from Pro2... I won't know until I get one... actualy the only thing I need to control on the P12 module from the Pro2, is the slider function, which is not present on the P12 module... the P12 module is pretty easy to use, despite it's few knobs.

Cool, I would appreciate that. Other than that: yeah, I know that the module is fairly easy to handle - I translated the manual.  ;)
Also, if one is already familiar with the architecture of the Pro 2, there's not too much unknown territory to discover.

Are there any other users on here that use both? BobTheDog?

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »
Looks like they've used every millimeter.

Oh, she is just beauuuuutiful!  My Prophet '08 Module is jealous.
I must admit that I love the layout of the module - top line fx and arp/sequencer, second line modulation, third and fourth lines the classic analog voice (oscillators, filter, amp).  I'd argue that it's a more logical and better layout than the keyboard.

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2015, 03:11:26 PM »
I bet this introduction was hurried because the news leaked out prior...

Nope. See above answer. Intentionally lo-fi and quick per Dave. Video was already in the can before ADE.

besides, what is there to explain, when it's "just" a replica of the keyboard version with added polychain functionality?

THIS.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

dslsynth

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2015, 03:48:26 PM »
I must say that the Prophet-6 module are among the prettiest products DSI have made so far. In fact if one compares the Prophet 12 and Prophet-6 modules one sees two different and yet similar approaches to user interface design each with their advantages and disadvantages on the visual and usability fronts.

Would I love to have a Prophet-6 module. Well, why not if someone can sell me one for $99? But honestly I would rather see the voice architecture being merged with the Prophet 12 voice architecture! . o O ( what else is new )
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2015, 12:26:51 AM »

Nope. See above answer. Intentionally lo-fi and quick per Dave. Video was already in the can before ADE.

besides, what is there to explain, when it's "just" a replica of the keyboard version with added polychain functionality?

THIS.

Chris? ... Carson?
If you need me, follow the shadows...

dslsynth

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2015, 06:20:33 AM »
I'd argue that it's a more logical and better layout than the keyboard.

You are not the only one with that thought. Its indeed a nicely looking well sounding piece of credit card drain. ;-)
#!/bin/sh

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2015, 02:21:19 PM »

THIS.

Chris? ... Carson?

As usual, Chris is "Pym," and Carson is "Cbmd".

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »
Not sure if this has been answered but how is the poly chain activated? Does it work automatically when connecting it to a Prophet 6 Keyboard or do you enable it via a global command? Can it also be disable so you can stack two sounds?

dslsynth

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2015, 10:24:44 AM »
Not sure if this has been answered but how is the poly chain activated?

Well if one cheats and look at the high resolution product images mentioned elsewhere on this forum the answer is very obvious and in fact the same as in the other DSI products supporting poly chain.

I looked earlier today on DSIs support site for the Prophet-6 module and it still links to the keyboard manual. So one do indeed have to cheat!
#!/bin/sh

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2015, 12:41:13 PM »
Poly chain is supported under the "MIDI Out" Global parameter.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM