Tempest Midi clock revisited.

Tempest Midi clock revisited.
« on: September 29, 2016, 05:28:39 AM »
Hi all,

After speaking to DSI support I was made aware that the Midi standard is to have midi clock running continuously even if the Tempest is in Stop mode.
I could put a request forward to have it..... Possibly.... but unlikely added to a later firmware but I  let it be at that time.
Just asking,  Is this a worthy request for other users or is every one using Tempest as a Master clock happy for it to run all the time?
I have a Korg Poly 61 using a Doepfer MSY2 to trigger its Arpeggiator in and the Tempest will keep sending clocks even while stopped therefore running the Korgs arpeggiator constantly.
I know we are hoping to have the real bugs/issues fixed with Tempest but is this only common to my setup or is it worth pushing for a selectable Midi clocks sent 1) Always or 2) On run/record  only?
I can utilise the Mixers audio mute for the Korg but thought I would ask how other people if any work around this.
My computer based sequencer (Anvil Studio) only sends clocks and selectable divisions of that only when running.
Anyway thought I would gauge the interest if any in this.

Cheers
Tim
Tim

Re: Tempest Midi clock revisited.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 05:33:57 AM »
Do clocks constantly running provide a better sync?
If everything starts at the same time I could not see a problem but..?

Cheers

Tim
Tim

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:35:22 AM »
Moved it to feature request thread...

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 05:36:31 AM »
Thanks Yorgos.

So it's not just me????

:)

Tim

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 05:37:39 AM »
Nop has been requested ages ago...
Thanks Yorgos.

So it's not just me????

:)

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 06:03:44 AM »
Just for the record,

I really enjoy using Tempest and think this is a great Dave Smith and Roger Linn development so accolades for the foresight into modern percussion hardware.

I bought my new Tempest a few years back and don't spend a lot on Synths/Rhythm machines (unless I believe it's good ..which I believe Tempest is!..No regrets in that regard!)

The bugs/issues listed in the petition should be rectified before the Tempest is "archived" for one of a better word which will make it the THE machine for percussion.

In the meantime It is very usable and has a great feature set but I really believe  it will shine if the petition issues are fixed.

Cheers.

Tim
Tim

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 11:56:01 AM »
When the bugs get fixed the T will be a fine drum synth. But unless some necessary features get added it will never reach its potential.