Sync P6 to Ableton

Sync P6 to Ableton
« on: November 08, 2023, 07:29:42 AM »
Hey, I've had my P6 for a while, and I LOVE the sequencer, but I just cant work out how to sync it to Ableton, I've looked through the manual and forums but to no avail. Apols if this is a really NewB question, sorry! Any ideas or pointers would be great!

LPF83

Re: Sync P6 to Ableton
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 03:59:12 PM »
Hey, I've had my P6 for a while, and I LOVE the sequencer, but I just cant work out how to sync it to Ableton, I've looked through the manual and forums but to no avail. Apols if this is a really NewB question, sorry! Any ideas or pointers would be great!

Basically you want to set the MIDI clock settings on the P6 itself to receive timing from elsewhere (not sure if it's a coincidence or not but this video below showed up on matrixsynth shortly after I read your question... great timing... no pun intended).

In Ableton you need to go to Options > Preferences > Link Tempo MIDI and tick the box to sync for that instrument to send the clock signal.

I should also probably add... this procedure is pretty much the same on any synth and any DAW even if the way you get to the MIDI settings differs slightly.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 04:03:35 PM by LPF83 »
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC