Midi In not working please help (prophet 10 rev 4)

Midi In not working please help (prophet 10 rev 4)
« on: November 03, 2023, 11:43:27 PM »
Hi everyone, my midi input seems to have stopped working sometime within the last week. I can confirm that I am sending midi signal out l, and that the cable works.

I reset all globals multiple times and made sure midi control was on and set to midi not USB.

What's even more odd is that the midi output works fine, and I don't know why. I haven't moved the synth in over a year so I don't think the port got damaged, but I'm really stumped with this one

Update: I read this in a version patch notes
"Bug fix - MIDI clock present at MIDI IN port while powering on instrument causes MIDI IN to not work", which may have been what happened. I'm going to have to update the prophet and see if that works
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 11:59:30 PM by SalariedOrange5 »

Re: Midi In not working please help (prophet 10 rev 4)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 12:56:02 PM »
Hi everyone, my midi input seems to have stopped working sometime within the last week. I can confirm that I am sending midi signal out l, and that the cable works.

I reset all globals multiple times and made sure midi control was on and set to midi not USB.

What's even more odd is that the midi output works fine, and I don't know why. I haven't moved the synth in over a year so I don't think the port got damaged, but I'm really stumped with this one

Update: I read this in a version patch notes
"Bug fix - MIDI clock present at MIDI IN port while powering on instrument causes MIDI IN to not work", which may have been what happened. I'm going to have to update the prophet and see if that works

You could also disable any midi clock being sent to the prophet if your setup is capable of doing so, since the prophet doesn't use any midi clock.