Voice detune issues with specific presets?

Voice detune issues with specific presets?
« on: October 30, 2023, 01:59:32 PM »
Hey guys

New to the forums and, more generally, new to the Oberheims!

I have been immensely enjoying my Ob-X8 and, as a "DSI / Sequential born and raised", I am amazed by the sound signature of this synthesizer and how it is different from anything I previously played.

I am having a weird issue where, with a few presets (eg. organ sounds from the XA bank), I have some voices that either play no sounds or are detuned (Tune does not fix it). Please see video for an example: https://youtube.com/shorts/jY_e4UVoc5k?si=XUQZXzpv64SLnH09

I do stress that I did not change anything to these presets. The problematic voices do work well and in-tune with other presets. It only happens with a select few.

Any idea whats going on here? Should I return my synth?

Thanks!

Re: Voice detune issues with specific presets?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 10:52:26 AM »
Woah, that doesn’t sound right. Did you try to “Reset Globals” and then “Full Calibration” from the Global settings menu? Otherwise you should contact support.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 11:08:07 AM »
Woah, that doesn’t sound right. Did you try to “Reset Globals” and then “Full Calibration” from the Global settings menu? Otherwise you should contact support.

Alas, I did -to no avail. I however updated firmware (which is something I usually tend to avoid since the time it bricked my P6) and Hurray! All works as expected and cannot be happier!

Thanks for your reply! Cheers

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 11:18:04 AM »
That’s great!