Arpeggio gate length, decay/release, sustain behavior?

DaveInSanFran

• Prog fan - synth hobbyist
Arpeggio gate length, decay/release, sustain behavior?
« on: October 25, 2023, 10:57:55 PM »
I've been tinkering with Arpeggios, and I'm finding certain behaviors are a bit tricky to figure out.  I'll try to explain it.

First, I have a question.  Is there a setting somewhere for the gate length? (For now, if I want to extend the duration of a note, I've just been using a longer decay and release.)

Not necessarily a bad thing... I'm also hearing each new note re-triggering the envelope and cutting off any remaining decay, release, or sustain. (This might be by-design to avoid muddy, feedback-like overlapping notes.)  When I release the arp, only the last note will sustain.  It gets interesting when I add multiple transpose notes to the arpeggio and hold multiple keys.  I think I'm hearing the last note of each "transposed sequence" holding the long release and possibly consuming all eight voices if the arp rate is fast enough and the tail long enough.

I can't quite figure out what's happening, but I'd like to know the "rules" about when notes play the long release, or when they are cut off in favor of the next note.  Regardless of the precise rules, I'm still able to get creative with it.
SF Bay Area synth hobbyist
OB-X8 Desktop, Moog Matriarch, B2600, Roland System 8, Korg MinilogueXD, Yamaha MODX8, Arturtia MicroFreak, Drumbrute, Moog Opus3, Eurorack, 0-Coast, B.Neutron, B.Model D…