Other synths with a similar oscillator configuration to Pro 3

swid

Other synths with a similar oscillator configuration to Pro 3
« on: October 17, 2023, 05:25:34 PM »
I’ve just started reading about the Pro 3 and it seems like it’s the shit for monophonic. Particularly of interest to me is how it has 2 VCOs and 1 digital/wavetable oscillator, which sounds like a true best of both worlds config. Does anybody know of any other synths that do this? Particularly polysynths, but, really, any? I’ve been searching and coming up blank.

Re: Other synths with a similar oscillator configuration to Pro 3
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 08:30:49 PM »
I’ve just started reading about the Pro 3 and it seems like it’s the shit for monophonic. Particularly of interest to me is how it has 2 VCOs and 1 digital/wavetable oscillator, which sounds like a true best of both worlds config. Does anybody know of any other synths that do this? Particularly polysynths, but, really, any? I’ve been searching and coming up blank.

Korg Prologue And Minilogue XD
DSI Evolver And Poly Evolver.
The upcoming ISLA Caladan hybrid synth.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 09:01:22 AM »
Not analogue, but Novation Summit is close with its 3 FPGA oscillators each of which can also do wavetable type stuff.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 07:48:37 PM »
You could also make the argument that Pro 3 is very close to 3 osc analog monosynths, as I find the digital osc has a distinctly "analog" sound on the basic waveforms